Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need urgent help with concentration issues!! watch

ReputationRep:
    I am in year 12 at the moment doing AS levels and it is really becoming a problem that I just cannot focus on a single thing. I flew through my GCSEs without much or any revision but it has quickly become apparent that I won't be able to do that this year. It is not that I lack motivation or organisation, I can make a time table, buy different coloured paper for notes and have tried all different learning techniques such as listening to information but I just zone out during the first minute I try revising and daydream and fidget even just stare into space. It's sometimes the same when people are talking to me and this has gone on for as long as I can remember. I'm really interested in my subjects so I don't think this is the problem and I don't think it's complacency either because I know I'm going to fail if I don't sort myself out. Has anyone else had these problems that had been able to remedy it? This isn't just procrastination, I am physically unable to sit still and concentrate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DotDotDot...)
    I am in year 12 at the moment doing AS levels and it is really becoming a problem that I just cannot focus on a single thing. I flew through my GCSEs without much or any revision but it has quickly become apparent that I won't be able to do that this year. It is not that I lack motivation or organisation, I can make a time table, buy different coloured paper for notes and have tried all different learning techniques such as listening to information but I just zone out during the first minute I try revising and daydream and fidget even just stare into space. It's sometimes the same when people are talking to me and this has gone on for as long as I can remember. I'm really interested in my subjects so I don't think this is the problem and I don't think it's complacency either because I know I'm going to fail if I don't sort myself out. Has anyone else had these problems that had been able to remedy it? This isn't just procrastination, I am physically unable to sit still and concentrate
    Hmm. I think quite a lot of people feel like this. Have you tried just doing quick bursts of revision? (so do 10 mins, then do something else?)

Maybe the issue is that you're trying to sit still at your desk to revise- you might be better off revising in a group so you can discuss ideas instead of just passively trying to take in information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tank Girl)
    Hmm. I think quite a lot of people feel like this. Have you tried just doing quick bursts of revision? (so do 10 mins, then do something else?)

Maybe the issue is that you're trying to sit still at your desk to revise- you might be better off revising in a group so you can discuss ideas instead of just passively trying to take in information.
    Hmm that quick revision thing is something I haven't tried...I'll definitely give that a go, thanks a lot for the help I'm honestly so desperate haha 😄

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.