The Student Room Group

College interview questions?

I've applied to Woodhouse College to study Physics, Maths, Further Maths and Biology. Recently I received an interview from a maths teacher called Nigel Martin. Does anyone have any tips? I would appreciate it if anyone knew anything about this teacher specifically and what kind of questions that he likes to ask but if you have any interview tips in general then I would also appreciate that.
It would also be a lot of help to me if anybody could tell me what kind of questions the interviewers ask you because right now I have no idea.
Also since he is a maths teacher I am assuming that he's going to ask a maths based question. Does anyone know what kind of topics usually come up because I am afraid he's going to ask me a difficult question that I won't be able to answer.
Thanks
-Mish
It's not about being able to answer the question correctly, it's about having the gut to try and use your current knowledge of said topic to make some progress (even if wrong).

He will help guide you through if you get stuck - ideally you want to come across as someone who can be taught... so don't act stuck up, try to answer the question first... if it seems like you're not making progress or he seems to look at you weirdly (thus causing you to doubt your method/answer) then try another method... in the worst case, ask for a prompt.

Quick Reply

Latest