Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has anyone else noticed the over the top religious goal celebrations? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I think David Luiz is about to perform an exorcism on his goal keeper when he makes a mistake. It is getting really creepy.

ReputationRep:
    I just Googled David Luiz religious goal celebration. It seems I'm not alone.

http://thesatedire.com/sport/david-l...l-celebration/

As if Football needs another reason to segregate its fans. Ask Glasgow how that ends.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is extremely annoying.

I dont' mind the superstition of crossing yourself but dropping to your knees and pointing to the sky is just a performance. David Luiz is such a ****.

The link you posted is really refreshing to see but why aren't the media commenting on it? If players aren't allowed to lift their shirts to push political beliefs then why are religious messages allowed?

ReputationRep:
    It's ridiculous, but some of the dance celebrations are worse. Just cringeworthy.

ReputationRep:
    Seen some Rangers fans strongly advocating Luther's thesis recently and threatening to kill the Celtic boys over it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    It's ridiculous, but some of the dance celebrations are worse. Just cringeworthy.
    I hate most goal celebrations. You are right, they are cringeworthy but that makes the religious ones seem even more inappropriate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Seen some Rangers fans strongly advocating Luther's thesis recently and threatening to kill the Celtic boys over it
    How long before there is a holy war on the Football pitch? It would be quite amusing watching Daniel Sturridge in hand to hand combat with Demba Ba.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Can you imagine what happens when you throw Islam into the mix? I think It's the whole performance that grates though. Should God exist I don't think he needs some Sideshow Bob lookalike pointing at him every time the prick walks onto a football field.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    Yeah but if they want to make arses of themselves I will happy sit back and laugh. Overt acts of religiosity are dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damien96)
    Can you imagine what happens when you throw Islam into the mix? I think It's the whole performance that grates though. Should God exist I don't think he needs some Sideshow Bob lookalike pointing at him every time the prick walks onto a football field.
    Haha, I take it you mean Luiz? He does. He's useless as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.