Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys,

I have got admit from both of these schools for MSc Mangement. I want to pursue my career in Consulting sector in UK(Probably London) after completing MSc Management from one of these schools.

I am more towards taking UCL but hesitate because its Management School is founded in 2015. I am so confused which one to take. Any advice will be of great help to me.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey there! I'm a final year student at UCL School of Management. Just to correct you there, the School was launched in 2007! Up until last year it used to be called the Department of Management Science & Innovation, and in August 2015 it was renamed to School of Management. Nothing changed really, same teaching, same modules, same staff, same students! We did however get a brand new website and custom fonts!

Here's why I think you should pick UCLSoM:
    You'll (most probably) be based in Canary Wharf - if everything goes to plan, all postgrads at UCLSoM will move to Level 38 Canada Square (in Canary Wharf)
    Careers Services - you get a dedicated careers team, the chance to attend so many networking events (almost always including one of the Big Four consulting groups), employer talks, get your CV reviewed, mock interviews, etc.
    It's London after all - there's not necessarily a campus at UCL, London is your campus.

Drawbacks: London is expensive, UCL's Bloomsbury campus is crowded, you don't get much contact time with lecturers/professors.

Hope this helps and all the best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raya Sharbain)
    Hey there! I'm a final year student at UCL School of Management. Just to correct you there, the School was launched in 2007! Up until last year it used to be called the Department of Management Science & Innovation, and in August 2015 it was renamed to School of Management. Nothing changed really, same teaching, same modules, same staff, same students! We did however get a brand new website and custom fonts!

Here's why I think you should pick UCLSoM:
    You'll (most probably) be based in Canary Wharf - if everything goes to plan, all postgrads at UCLSoM will move to Level 38 Canada Square (in Canary Wharf)
    Careers Services - you get a dedicated careers team, the chance to attend so many networking events (almost always including one of the Big Four consulting groups), employer talks, get your CV reviewed, mock interviews, etc.
    It's London after all - there's not necessarily a campus at UCL, London is your campus.

Drawbacks: London is expensive, UCL's Bloomsbury campus is crowded, you don't get much contact time with lecturers/professors.

Hope this helps and all the best of luck!
    Thanks for giving me such an important information.

I just want to ensure that whether MSc Management from UCL SoM will provide me good ROI and I will be able to work in London after Graduating from UCL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shubhamgrover77)
    Thanks for giving me such an important information.

I just want to ensure that whether MSc Management from UCL SoM will provide me good ROI and I will be able to work in London after Graduating from UCL.
    Just saw your reply! UCLSoM is definitely worth it. The School will give you the platform to get a head start in your career. Even as an undergraduate, every single day we get an opportunity to network with employers. The majority of people around me have currently secured an internship, placement or full-time position at either a bank, consultancy, technology giant, or has started their own business. There are many opportunities at UCL as a whole, and the name alone impresses employers when they read your CV.

Best of luck and I hope you choose UCLSoM

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much Raya! I am grateful.

And yeah, I am choosing UCL SoM.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.