Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

I have accepted my offer for Portsmouth University, and its now my firm choice. I've been told i need to apply for my accommodation ASAP, although on the website it says accommodation packs won't be sent out until the end of march.
    Does this mean i can't apply until i get the packs? Or do i have to wait until results day??

Thanks,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katielouise_a)
    Hi all!

I have accepted my offer for Portsmouth University, and its now my firm choice. I've been told i need to apply for my accommodation ASAP, although on the website it says accommodation packs won't be sent out until the end of march.
    Does this mean i can't apply until i get the packs? Or do i have to wait until results day??

Thanks,
    Hi, Portsmouth is my firm too! and I'm waiting for accommodation info to come through too (I think it has to come before May). What subject did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amellia123)
    Hi, Portsmouth is my firm too! and I'm waiting for accommodation info to come through too (I think it has to come before May). What subject did you apply for?
    Ahhhh finally somebody else!! Is yours a conditional offer too?? I applied for Digital Media, you?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh finally somebody else!! Is yours a conditional offer too?? I applied for Digital Media, you?
    Yeah mines conditional, and cool sounds interesting! I applied for MEng Civil Engineering but I need 340 points which I'm worried I wont achieve!!
    Which hall do you think you will apply for? I like James Watson but its £126 per week! I think ill end up going for Trust hall as its cheapest (£88 per week)

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

Thanks,
    I just had a look on their web site and they send accommodation packs out from the beginning of march as long as you have fired Portsmouth by then

ReputationRep:
    Yeah mines conditional, and cool sounds interesting! I applied for MEng Civil Engineering but I need 340 points which I'm worried I wont achieve!!
    Which hall do you think you will apply for? I like James Watson but its £126 per week! I think ill end up going for Trust hall as its cheapest (£88 per week)
    That sounds good! Ahhh 340?! I need 280, although I dont know what the Grade equivalents are for 208??
    My minds completely set on Harry Law halls! Simply because i want to be sharing with as many people as possible (8-9 people) and its en-suite with a decent window in the bathroom haha! They're £122 BUT the £88 ones arent close to the city centre/university itself and i realised that that may be the reason as to why the Trust Hall is cheaper because you'll have to get the bus almost every day?

ReputationRep:
    I just had a look on their web site and they send accommodation packs out from the beginning of march as long as you have fired Portsmouth by then
    So basically because I've accepted my offer etc i can apply at the beginning of march?

ReputationRep:
    That sounds good! Ahhh 340?! I need 280, although I dont know what the Grade equivalents are for 208??
    My minds completely set on Harry Law halls! Simply because i want to be sharing with as many people as possible (8-9 people) and its en-suite with a decent window in the bathroom haha! They're £122 BUT the £88 ones arent close to the city centre/university itself and i realised that that may be the reason as to why the Trust Hall is cheaper because you'll have to get the bus almost every day?
    I think 280 is BBC? I'm only predicted BBB so will only have 300 (I need another 40 from somewhere lol)

Harry Law Halls look so nice! and I would like an ensuit bathroom but I'm a bit too mean to pay over £100 per week :lol:

I agree, the Trust halls are quite far out. Haha I wonder if anyone applies for the studio flats?

ReputationRep:
    So basically because I've accepted my offer etc i can apply at the beginning of march?
    Yep!! I hope you manage to secure the hall you are after!!

ReputationRep:
    I think 280 is BBC? I'm only predicted BBB so will only have 300 (I need another 40 from somewhere lol)

Harry Law Halls look so nice! and I would like an ensuit bathroom but I'm a bit too mean to pay over £100 per week :lol:

I agree, the Trust halls are quite far out. Haha I wonder if anyone applies for the studio flats?
    Ahh hopefully i do get BBC then, I finished last year with straight B's. I'm sure you'll find the extra 40!

I fell in love with the kitchen hahaha! Wow I'm not sure lol, do you know of anybody elses thoguhts on halls that you know of at all?

ReputationRep:
    Yep!! I hope you manage to secure the hall you are after!!
    I just checked and it's actually the end of march, but I hope it'll be a simple process! I get so worried about things like that haha! You too!

ReputationRep:
    I just checked and it's actually the end of march, but I hope it'll be a simple process! I get so worried about things like that haha! You too!
    Haha yeah same, all I know is that you have to put down a £250 deposit! and thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah same, all I know is that you have to put down a £250 deposit! and thank you!
    Oh that's true! Lets hope we both get the accommodation we want haha!x

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's true! Lets hope we both get the accommodation we want haha!x
    haha yes I hope so!

do you mind me asking who your insurance choice is?

ReputationRep:
    haha yes I hope so!

do you mind me asking who your insurance choice is?
    I don't have one, I messed up my first 5 UCAS choices by choosing the courses and places that i didnt actually want because i changed my mind so i applied through UCAS Extra to Portsmouth on thursday and got accepted on Friday, you can only apply for one at a time through Extra x

ReputationRep:
    I don't have one, I messed up my first 5 UCAS choices by choosing the courses and places that i didnt actually want because i changed my mind so i applied through UCAS Extra to Portsmouth on thursday and got accepted on Friday, you can only apply for one at a time through Extra x
    I did the same actually - I applied for vet med and changed my mind. So I applied through ucas and got accepted Friday too! I couldn't believe how many unis were in extra - UCL and Durham both were!

ReputationRep:
    I did the same actually - I applied for vet med and changed my mind. So I applied through ucas and got accepted Friday too! I couldn't believe how many unis were in extra - UCL and Durham both were!
    Oh wow :') Yeah I agree! I'm over the moon that the process was so easy haha, and i definitely didn't expect to have an offer yet, not until the middle of this week at least!

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow :' Yeah I agree! I'm over the moon that the process was so easy haha, and i definitely didn't expect to have an offer yet, not until the middle of this week at least!
    Haha same! put my mind at rest when the email came through - was so worried I wouldn't get a place anywhere!

ReputationRep:
    Haha same! put my mind at rest when the email came through - was so worried I wouldn't get a place anywhere!
    Me too, the relief was unreal haha :') I'm so glad that I've talked to somebody thats also going to Portsmouth!

ReputationRep:
    Me too, the relief was unreal haha :' I'm so glad that I've talked to somebody thats also going to Portsmouth!
    Haha same! I wonder if we will ever cross paths in the future

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.