Turn on thread page Beta

How can I Quit YouTube for 3 months? watch

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm a YouTuber doing incredible so far.
    The thing is, how can I stop going on YouTube for 3 months? GCSE's are much more important and I want to Achieve an A* in Maths.
    I can't follow a schedule where some say make a video once a week, I can't once i'm on it. I'm on it. I take a lot of pride and passion in to my videos and that goes on for ageesss.
    I need to somehow STOP going on YouTube. Period.
    BUT HOW?!

ReputationRep:
    Remind yourself that its stupid as **** to go on it right now if you don't want to.

ReputationRep:
    1) Make a video about you taking a break to do your exams.
    2) Focus on your exams.

If your audience is in any way sensible they would understand. If not...I don't see why you'd want to cater for them lol.

ReputationRep:
    It's good that you are thinking about quitting YouTube to focus on your studies. If you want that A*, you're going to need to put in a heck of a lot of time doing past paper questions. My teacher has this cycle for improving in maths that he taught us, which was basically: Do a past paper > pinpoint areas you need to revise > revise (recap) the topic> do questions on the topic > attempt PP question again > repeat. I know that sounds like a long process, but to me it's the best method for improving your knowledge and abilities.

The YouTube problem I can't give too much help on unfortunately. Yes, I would take a break and quit if it sounds as addicting as you say it is. You could even add a chrome extension/firefox add-on that temporarily blocks the site so you cant get thrown back into doing videos.

Just remind yourself: Is it better to achieve high grades, that can get you to good A level courses and good jobs, or to grow something that at the end of the day, won't really impact you that much, and doesn't really have that much of a positive outcome?

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Fellow Youtube here who just did the same thing.

First off, it's hard. I admit that, it's really really hard. It gets harder when your growth is getting better, and you have subscribers interacting and leaving positive feedback. That's why you should just STOP. That's why I did, for a few more weeks left

Know that it's not like its forever, its just for a little while. People will understand, we are an understanding folk, remember that.

If you have any other questions in terms of the mechanical impact it will have on your channel, just throw me a PM, it will be my pleasure to chat with you. I'am actually interested in seeing your channel too

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.