The Student Room Group

Bath college or Newcastle for electronic music?

Bath college are offering me a HND in music production, and Newcastle are offering me a FdA in the same. They are pretty much the same courses and offer me the same thing in different ways. So, which uni is better for electronic music? Which place do you think would give me more opportunities?
Bath College is a great place for electronic music! I'm currently a student there and the course offers some really interesting opportunities, not only is it cheaper but all the lecturers are fantastically skilled and inspirational! All of them are happy to help one to one and have amazing experience in the industry. I think this is a really great course as they really push the boat out on how to teach you and also the HND is in the evening which has a great outcome in the sense of getting a day job and being able to do both. I'm not sure about Newcastle's course but I know that if your into electronic music Bath College creates great opportunities and I'm truly over the moon with my choice to come here.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Bath is amazing. Really great tutors with a wealth of knowledge and great industry experience. The course is really enjoyable and the content is definitely interesting. Really good people there, plus Bath is a really lovely place, I've never lived anywhere quite like it. 20 minutes away from Bristol as well - so many good opportunities there for any industry, but the music scene there is huge. I finished studying there last year and now I'm at Bath Spa Uni, soon to join an alumni of musicians and producers that have done extremely well for themselves. I strongly recommend Bath! Good luck with your decision!
Bath College is a great place for electronic music! I'm currently a student there and the course offers some really interesting opportunities, not only is it cheaper but all the lecturers are fantastically skilled and inspirational! All of them are happy to help one to one and have amazing experience in the industry. I think this is a really great course as they really push the boat out on how the teach you and also the HND is in the evening which had a great outcome in the sense of getting a day job and being able to do both. I'm not sure about Newcastle's course but I know that if your into electronic music Bath College creates great opportunities and I'm truly over the moon with my choice to come here.

Quick Reply

Latest