Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think he'll never say he loves me? Watch

I've been dating this guy for 6 months. I'm 23 and he's 30 and I've been in love with him for about 2 months now. We're really good together, haven't argued, accept each other for who we are, have a good time together. He takes care of me if I'm ill, takes me out with him, holds me and kisses me on the cheek or forehead randomly if we're sitting next to each other. I know he's into me but I just don't know how much.

But then when he's with his friends they were just having a conversation about how feelings are stupid and they don't "do" feelings.

I don't want to tell him I love him, have it be rejected, and then potentially ruin our relationship.

Any opinions?

ReputationRep:
    He's 30 and he was having a conversation with friend about how feelings were stupid?

ReputationRep:
    Are you guys In a bf gf relationship or just still dating

(Original post by xobeauty)
    Are you guys In a bf gf relationship or just still dating
    bf/gf

ReputationRep:
    If you told him you love him and he rejects that, then something's up :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    bf/gf
    Oh ok.

I think it's kinda nice that he hasn't used those words yet, people use those three words too lightly. At least when he says it, he means something. Is he not the lovey dovey type?

ReputationRep:
    Some men just don't express their feelings. Its a REAL pain. Like just say it! What's so wrong in showing affection towards another?

(Original post by Alexion)
    If you told him you love him and he rejects that, then something's up :/
    Not sure what I mean by reject, but it's like sometimes when you tell someone you like them and then it ruins the friendship you had with them. So I'm worried about that occurring or it freaking him out.

(Original post by xobeauty)
    Oh ok.

I think it's kinda nice that he hasn't used those words yet, people use those three words too lightly. At least when he says it, it means something. Is he not the lovey dovey type?
    No he's not. He's not fond of things like Valentine's day or the idea of romance, but at the same time he treats me amazingly and takes me out for romantic days and meals, he just doesn't want to put the label 'romantic' on it.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what I mean by reject, but it's like sometimes when you tell someone you like them and then it ruins the friendship you had with them. So I'm worried about that occurring or it freaking him out.
    You've been with him for easily long enough that I think to not be in love at this point would be weird.

You said that you're not sure how much he's into you - I think if he doesn't love you after six months then I'm not sure how much further his feelings could actually progress...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    Some men just don't express their feelings. Its a REAL pain. Like just say it! What's so wrong in showing affection towards another?
    ^ this :yep:

ReputationRep:

No he's not. He's not fond of things like Valentine's day or the idea of romance, but at the same time he treats me amazingly and takes me out for romantic days and meals, he just doesn't want to put the label 'romantic' on it.
    I think if it'simportant to you you should express that to him...no need to tip toe around your feelings. You're in this relationship too it's not what just he wants.

ReputationRep:
    ^ this :yep:

I'm assuming, you're not one of those men who don't express their feelings, then? If so, SALUTE TO YOU!

ReputationRep:
    I've been dating this guy for 6 months. I'm 23 and he's 30 and I've been in love with him for about 2 months now. We're really good together, haven't argued, accept each other for who we are, have a good time together. He takes care of me if I'm ill, takes me out with him, holds me and kisses me on the cheek or forehead randomly if we're sitting next to each other. I know he's into me but I just don't know how much.

But then when he's with his friends they were just having a conversation about how feelings are stupid and they don't "do" feelings.

I don't want to tell him I love him, have it be rejected, and then potentially ruin our relationship.

Any opinions?
    Think of it this way. Is the relationship not already over or ruined if he doesn't love you back regardless of whether you say it or not? The only difference is if you tell him you love him and he doesn't say it back you at least have confirmation of where you stand. You're going to have to find out eventually or it's going to drive you crazy

ReputationRep:
    "If that boy dont love you right now, he'll never ever, never ever, love you" Credit to Ciara

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)

I'm assuming, you're not one of those men who don't express their feelings, then? If so, SALUTE TO YOU!
    :woo:

Yeah, my feelings are usually very open :yep: nothing good has ever come to me from keeping stuff bottled up, so...

ReputationRep:

Any opinions?
    Some guys act differently around their friends to try and make their girlfriends think that theyre big, strong and more masculine.
    In reality if he loves you he will say it.
    You can say it to him whenever you want. If he shuts you out, then theres a problem. If this happens then he doesnt feel the same way about you.
    If he loves you he wont reject you. Thats certain.
    Give it a go and see what he does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    He's 30 and he was having a conversation with friend about how feelings were stupid?

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/06...n_3430287.html
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Sounds like me tbh, in which case he won't reject it - he's just not the type to talk about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Interesting lol

ReputationRep:
    :woo:

Yeah, my feelings are usually very open :yep: nothing good has ever come to me from keeping stuff bottled up, so...
    Well, that's good, Alexion! Be like that, I'm sure your lady would appreciate it!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.