• Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Hey guys!

It's university mental health day this coming Thursday. It aims to raise awareness of some of the challenges students face whilst coming to university and hopes to change the state of mental health services at university

There'll be a big thread I'll be making for it for the day itself and as part of that; I'll be sharing my own experience of the support available at my university; living with a mental illness whilst studying and hopefully posting some other people's experiences!

Someone also suggested getting idea's from people of the 'top tips for surviving university'; it'd be great if people wouldn't mind sharing their idea's and hopefully we'll get enough to do a 'Top Ten Tips!'

You're more than welcome to post them anonymously, or send them via PM to be and I promise to keep them anonymous!

ReputationRep:
    Every uni has a student support/counselling service. It's free at the point of delivery, but everyone pays for it as part of their tuition fees. Don't ever think "I don't deserve it" - you're paying for it so you're fully entitled to use it. It's a service/facility available to you, just like any other the uni provides.
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Klix88)
    Every uni has a student support/counselling service. It's free at the point of delivery, but everyone pays for it as part of their tuition fees. Don't ever think "I don't deserve it" - you're paying for it so you're fully entitled to use it. It's a service/facility available to you, just like any other the uni provides.
    I love this ^^ People definitely deserve to get treatment and it's free - that's the best part!

ReputationRep:
    Well sometimes it gives our course a fraction of the resources it needs which is nice. My careers advice lady was excellent when it came to helping me with my CV and my ticket out, however!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The less said about my undergrad "support", the better. For now... :ninja:

My Masters institution badgered me into applying for Disabled Students' Allowance for my mental health problems and I'm SO thankful to them that they were persistent with their prodding, coz I got an amazing DSA mentor who really made a huge difference to my ability to get everything done and to successfully graduate

At my PhD institution, I have so much support I've no idea what to do with it :eek: Got a DSA mentor, a study skills mentor, a mental health advisor and I recently started seeing one of the uni chaplain :jebus:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.