Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've just started my online application for 2016/17, which will be my second year.

The NHS pays the first £3,500 or so of my tuition fees from next year onwards, so do I say that I'm funded by the NHS or not? Because when I clicked "yes" it said I wouldn't be apply to for any fees loan from sfe at all- and I need the loan from sfe for £5,500+!!

Also, the system only asked about my income, not my parents' as usual. Is this because I'm 25 now? Or because they have the details from last year's application?

Finally, I was given the option to apply for a higher maintenance loan level of up to about £9k. Is this correct? Because I was under the impression that graduate entry medics only got a tiny amount from 2nd year onwards.

Thanks!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi JenniB22

Please select no as you still require funds from SFE. Students from England and Wales can receive the usual package of support available to undergraduates in their first 4 years of study (Maintenance/Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Support such as Means Testing ML, Special Support/Maintenance Grant and DSA if applicable) subject to previous study. This is providing you are an undergraduate and this is your first qualification.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.