Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I know, I'm just freaked out...

I haven't touched any of my notes yet coz' I studied so hard for History. Just hope it all goes well.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I am a new member Yah!
    Would anyone be kind enough to post up the markscheme to the US Steel Tariffs Q for me? It would be really useful and I will be eternally grateful!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, it's the morning before the exam... I've also got english tomorrow. Thought I'd get early start since i'm hardly anywhere through the syllabus....? For a BoP deficit have you learnt the Marshall-Lerner condition etc...? It seems a little excessive, should I bother?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the US Tariff markscheme, I am getting a bit desperate now since the hardest and biggest econ exam is tomorrow!

A quick note on the Marshall-Lerner condition, it applies to J Curve effect. I.e if a country devalues its currency to improve a BOP deficit, i.e. to make exports more competitive, then the devaluation will only have an effect if the PED for M and X > 1. Otherwise demand for exports is too inelastic..
    There no need to revise it now!

ReputationRep:
    Jeez does no one have it?

ReputationRep:
    awww i feel hungover cant learn economics feeling like this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starryeyed Zoo)
    Does anyone have the US Tariff markscheme, I am getting a bit desperate now since the hardest and biggest econ exam is tomorrow!

A quick note on the Marshall-Lerner condition, it applies to J Curve effect. I.e if a country devalues its currency to improve a BOP deficit, i.e. to make exports more competitive, then the devaluation will only have an effect if the PED for M and X > 1. Otherwise demand for exports is too inelastic..
    There no need to revise it now!
    Also supply must be elasic too otherwise if there is an increase in demand and country cannot suplly they will lose out since prices for their products went down.

ReputationRep:
    I really need to know how long i'm meant to devote to each section! help! Half the time on the essay question and half on the data response?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma_)
    I really need to know how long i'm meant to devote to each section! help! Half the time on the essay question and half on the data response?
    It tells you approx 45 mins on the essay. I would suggest 50, and you use 20 mins for part a and 30 minutes for part b.

Then you have a good 55 mins on the other section.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    It tells you approx 45 mins on the essay. I would suggest 50, and you use 20 mins for part a and 30 minutes for part b.

Then you have a good 55 mins on the other section.

Thanks so much! I have extra time so that'll help too.... oooo how stressful my last exam though! soon allllll over! I cant seem to concentrate today! woohh major over use of smilies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma_)
    Thanks so much! I have extra time so that'll help too.... oooo how stressful my last exam though! soon allllll over! I cant seem to concentrate today! woohh major over use of smilies
    I feel awful about the exam. I haven't studied at all so it's gonna be tough for me. I just hope I remember enough from concentrating in class throughout the year.

After my history exams, I was just sapped dry of any brain power.

ReputationRep:
    Oops, I didin't notice this thread before posting, can someone come help me with a unit 6 practise question?

http://www.uk-learning.net/t51227.html

thanks

ReputationRep:
    anyone tell me the difference between a customs union and free trading areas plz

what you guys think are the likely topics to come up in tomorrows paper??
    cuz last yr was philips curve b of p defecit and sumthin els.

anyone think the eu membership stuff will come up??

i hope b of p and trade and competitivness comes up its the only thing i reli seem to knw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    Oops, I didin't notice this thread before posting, can someone come help me with a unit 6 practise question?

http://www.uk-learning.net/t51227.html

thanks
    I kinda tried although I'm not much use

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! No you're not useless

*Prays for trade and eu question* - only question I can do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    Thank you! No you're not useless

*Prays for trade and eu question* - only question I can do!
    I want a competitiveness one

I'll die if they give me a phillips curve again.

ReputationRep:
    i'm so unprepared for this exam
    i cant concentrate today, so fidgity!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma_)
    i'm so unprepared for this exam
    i cant concentrate today, so fidgity!
    Same here. Good Luck btw!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chetan)
    anyone tell me the difference between a customs union and free trading areas plz

what you guys think are the likely topics to come up in tomorrows paper??
    cuz last yr was philips curve b of p defecit and sumthin els.

anyone think the eu membership stuff will come up??

i hope b of p and trade and competitivness comes up its the only thing i reli seem to knw

A customs union for example the EU, is a trading bloc of country's that have a common external tarrif on goods traded. A free trade area, for example NAFTA, is i think where there are no tarrifs on goods traded between the country's.

I really hope there is a question on competiveness or benefits of joining the euro. Those are the only topics i really feel comfortable with. The fact is if there is not a single essay question i can do out of the three, i dont think i shud b doin economics!! Shud b ok hopefully!!!

For data response as long as you read the article/data u shud b ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Same here. Good Luck btw!
    Good luck to you too and everyone else

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.