Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Didn't ask any girls out at uni, no hope as a graduate Watch

I am a graduate and I deeply regret my being too much of a coward and not asking any girls out during my time at uni. I was surrounded by so many like-minded girls every day but I never had the courage to ask them out or get their number. Within my course there weren't that many girls, only about a handful that I was good friends with. They all liked other guys on the course. But the difference is the guys actually made a move, even though the relationship didn't last.

Now I am in regret for not taking my chances. uni was probably the best chance of my life to get a girlfriend or just any girl out. Now that I am a graduate and working, I am more restricted and have less opportunities to find girls. It's been 8 months since I graduated and I've not come across any girls. Is there still hope for me or am I forever doomed for the single life due to my incompetence?

ReputationRep:
    You really wasted your time there (posting this thread, I meant ). Desperation puts people off and you've shown nothing short of it. Just live your life and be content with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am a graduate and I deeply regret my being too much of a coward and not asking any girls out during my time at uni. I was surrounded by so many like-minded girls every day but I never had the courage to ask them out or get their number. Within my course there weren't that many girls, only about a handful that I was good friends with. They all liked other guys on the course. But the difference is the guys actually made a move, even though the relationship didn't last.

Now I am in regret for not taking my chances. uni was probably the best chance of my life to get a girlfriend or just any girl out. Now that I am a graduate and working, I am more restricted and have less opportunities to find girls. It's been 8 months since I graduated and I've not come across any girls. Is there still hope for me or am I forever doomed for the single life due to my incompetence?
    No, you're forever doomed.The majority of graduates who're not single, are still with their uni girlfriends or girls they've met while at uni. The rest are all doomed to the dreaded single life.

Fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

For most people Uni is the most sociable time of their lives.

You meet a lot of people. Clearly it is a good opportunity to make friends and get a girlfriend.

It is certainly an opportunity missed.

Now you have to build your social life back up again. Go out and meet more girls.

Get on Tinder.

ReputationRep:
    Get a wingman and go hit up a few bars m8.
    Don't go on Tinder tho, those hoes ain't loyal plus Tinder is notorious for being a hook-up app and I feel you are looking for something a bit more long term.

ReputationRep:
    You're still young don't think so negatively. There's still time for you to meet someone but you will have to bite the bullet and make a move eventually.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.