Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think of my long distance relationship situation? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I met this really lovely girl when studying abroad, we had a relationship from November 1st - December 31st roughly.

Since we thought that we were never gonna see eachother again, we broke up. Anyway, come mid January we decide that we want to get back to together and see eachother in the summer. But then around late January, we had a point where we were finding the long distance relationship hard and I told her that we should potentially date other people, if the right people came up. Scared that she was going to be the one who was hurt, she went out clubbing and this guy in her halls danced 'with' her, put his hands on her hips - but no kissing (or so im told).

So after that we decided that we want to be in a long distance relationship. The guy asked her if she wanted to watch a movie, but she said no.

But then next time she goes out with all of her friends (and the guy included), she supposedly loses her friends at the traffic lights and it just happens to be them two walking along the street. Supposedly nothing happend but it's dubious. They seem to be getting pretty close? And then after she told she was like "Nothing happend. I shouldn't have told you".

And then yesterday, my friend who is her friends send me a snapchat and they're all walking up some hill. And at the top of the hill, I see her and him together (not doing anything, but still talking/being 'friendly'.

Am I being paranoid or should I be concerned? She says that she really wants to see me in the summer, but idk about this other guy

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Well you did say it was okay for you both to date other people, i wouldn't have said that if i had strong feelings for her. You are going to have to trust her and if something develops between them two then you and her weren't meant to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    Well you did say it was okay for you both to date other people, i wouldn't have said that if i had strong feelings for her. You are going to have to trust her and if something develops between them two then you and her weren't meant to be.
    I only said that because I thought it'd be very difficult for us to see eachother in 12 months because I might have had a summer internship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james.proctor)
    I only said that because I thought it'd be very difficult for us to see eachother in 12 months because I might have had a summer internship
    I know but you said that and she quickly rushed and found another guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    I know but you said that and she quickly rushed and found another guy.
    fml

ReputationRep:
    Either trust her, or call it off. Your choice, but then you have to stick to the choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james.proctor)
    fml
    He seems to be pursuing her and you aren't there I wouldn't be surprised if they end up together as her feelings for you are not clear.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.