Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is my ex's best friend attracted to me? Watch

I always thought he was good looking & he was the most welcoming out of all of my ex's friends/always lovely to me. The ex and I split up 2 years ago and he's been with his current girlfriend for 1 year. I've been taking a time-out from relationships and casually dating.

Anyway some time after the break up I went travelling & ex's friend always kept up with what I was doing abroad. When I returned home he came over, told me I looked amazing and gave me a big kiss on the cheek. We got talking & became totally focused on each other for most of the night. But the next time we met - he was keeping a distance.

Over the weekend, I bumped into him again at a friend's party (and the ex was there with his gf). I was introduced to an attractive guy through a friend that night and we spent the evening quite close to each other. About 3 or 4 times I caught the guy looking over at me and the guy. Does it sound like he likes me or could it just be in my head? And is it over ok to put the moves on an ex's friend?! I'm thinking they are so close that he would just never do that to his friend (and to be fair, I wouldn't want my ex to be hurt either - we parted on good terms).

"About 3 or 4 times I caught the guy looking over at me and the guy." - wow doesn't make sense at all does it? I meant I caught ex's friend looking at me and the guy I'd recently met.

ReputationRep:
    He likes you.

Obviously be considerate but if you like him too then why not go for it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know that I'd personally ever cross that line tbh. Sounds like he *could* like you, but if he'd ever actually do anything about it is anyone's guess.

(Original post by Katarvi)
    I don't know that I'd personally ever cross that line tbh. Sounds like he *could* like you, but if he'd ever actually do anything about it is anyone's guess.
    that's the thing. He's intensely loyal to his friends. I remember when I was madly in love with the ex and my ex telling me what a great guy his friend was, but how he just didn't have any luck with girls. It's true - a girl I know recently screwed him over again pretty badly!

I sort of think - he might want to/like to make a move. But his conscience would stop him? It's a shame because we've grown closer and have a lot in common. Like, if we'd met and the ex wasn't an obstacle I think he might pursue...

ReputationRep:
    Is he still with his girlfriend? If so it doesn't matter, don't act.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    that's the thing. He's intensely loyal to his friends. I remember when I was madly in love with the ex and my ex telling me what a great guy his friend was, but how he just didn't have any luck with girls. It's true - a girl I know recently screwed him over again pretty badly!

I sort of think - he might want to/like to make a move. But his conscience would stop him? It's a shame because we've grown closer and have a lot in common. Like, if we'd met and the ex wasn't an obstacle I think he might pursue...
    Would you make a move/like to see it go anywhere, despite the ex being in the picture? If he is intensely loyal I'm sorry to say I don't see it going anywhere, but I really don't think it's morally all that great a thing to do anyway.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.