Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Men who show off Watch

ReputationRep:
    Do girls like humble men or guys that show off

For e.g if a man is a millionaire and he shows off with his money and boasts to people that hes got this much money do girls like that?

or humble men who dont brag about how much wealth they have .

ReputationRep:
    Isn't this fairly obvious?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muzi786)

For e.g if a man is a millionaire and he shows off with his money and boasts to people that hes got this much money do girls like that?

Tbh, i mean i prefer humble men.
    Idc about money or aything, so long as its ok to live on then fine.
    And boasting is

Humble :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Humble men. No one likes a show off.

ReputationRep:
    Showing off is incredibly unattractive.

85% of girls lie and say they like humble men
    10% go for humble
    5% says the truth

Source:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Internet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Every Girl is different so there will never be a definitive answer to these types of questions

Speaking very generally are 2 different types of girls

The louder showoffy girls who through big parties talk about guy's bodies and admire the "hot" guys tend towards men who are outwardly very confident and perhaps arrogant

"Nice girls" who are more humble themselves perhaps quieter and more conserved will ten towards humble guys

So the answer is both

ReputationRep:
    Humble obviously; showing off wealth is just classless

ReputationRep:
    I personally humble men but then there's the question, why do we fall for absolute ***** a lot of the time ?

ReputationRep:

There's a special name for men who show off in front of girls they're interested in. We call them.............. men.

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing most girls will say humble men but then would still go for a guy flashing his cash or whatever it may be he feels the need to show off.

ReputationRep:
    Girls will say humble, and I think they are genuine, however I don't see them go for guys who put themselves down. In that sense yes they do like a guy that shows off, because a guy that shows off shows he has some value

ReputationRep:
    I know guys like this who aren't even millionaires, it's so tacky and obnoxious.
    I think letting your success speak for itself is enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    Every Girl is different so there will never be a definitive answer to these types of questions

Speaking very generally are 2 different types of girls

The louder showoffy girls who through big parties talk about guy's bodies and admire the "hot" guys tend towards men who are outwardly very confident and perhaps arrogant
    I disagree, some of the most attractive and social girls I have ever met have been of genuinely decent character. Everyone admires confidence even so called 'nice girls' - being quiet does not make you nice, it makes you seem timid most of the time, if you weren't so scared you might be a rude *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Girls will say humble, and I think they are genuine, however I don't see them go for guys who put themselves down. In that sense yes they do like a guy that shows off, because a guy that shows off shows he has some value
    That's not really showing off so much as having some confidence.

There's a big difference between having confidence and having arrogance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    I know guys like this who aren't even millionaires, it's so tacky and obnoxious.
    I think letting your success speak for itself is enough.
    Confidence speaks for itself, it's quite easy to tell, those with low self esteem will either put themselves down or big themselves up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    That's not really showing off so much as having some confidence.

There's a big difference between having confidence and having arrogance.
    I don't know how to word it, if I meet a girl I like I do usually draw attention to my strengths, not money or anything like that, but I will 'show off' maybe you call that confidence, and I would somewhat agree. Humility sort of implies drawing attention to weakness 'oh I'm not that great' which is sometimes putting yourself down, I don't think that comes across very well to someone you don't know well.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree, some of the most attractive and social girls I have ever met have been of genuinely decent character. Everyone admires confidence even so called 'nice girls' - being quiet does not make you nice, it makes you seem timid most of the time, if you weren't so scared you might be a rude *****.
    I never mentioned attractiveness, so that part is irrelevant. And Im not just referring to "social girls". In my post I talked about the showoffy girls who throw large parties. (especially the really gossipy ones)

And Im not saying their characters are indecent, they just prefer appearances more in a guy who tend towards the popular/showoffy/arrogant type. Again this is generalising a lot but is mostly true.

Of course everyone admires confidence but confidence isn't showing off. Confidence is just having absolute strong faith in yourself. And yes quiet isn't necessarily nice but again on the whole the trend does prevail that way ever so slightly.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how to word it, if I meet a girl I like I do usually draw attention to my strengths, not money or anything like that, but I will 'show off' maybe you call that confidence, and I would agree. Humility sort of implies drawing attention to weakness 'oh I'm not that great' which is sometimes putting yourself down, I don't think that comes across very well to someone you don't know well.
    I understand what you mean. I think it relies massively on how you personally come across.

If you're getting to know each other and talking about your lives for example it would make sense to say what you do at uni or what job you have ect. But if you're just talking in general and you just out of nowhere say "oh btw bby I make 70k a year" ...unnecessary and unattractive.

Nothing wrong with talking about your strengths so long as you are being honest and genuine in the right context. But I personally find it very unattractive for people to make out that their strengths make them better than others or when they make it clear they think they deserve attention from everyone because of them.

ReputationRep:
    Women don't know what they want, so don't ask them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.