Turn on thread page Beta

Men who show off watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CantGainWeight)
    Women don't know what they want, so don't ask them.
    Wisdom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    And yes quiet isn't necessarily nice but again on the whole the trend does prevail that way ever so slightly.
    I had someone in mind when I wrote the attractive part Freudian slip :rofl:

This is something I will always protest against, I think quieter people are nicer simply because they refuse to express what they think. The louder girls they may come across rude but that's only because they are being honest. I am a little bitter from experience I guess, in my life the more social gossipy types have been there for me more when things are rough.

ReputationRep:
    There's so much sexism on this website

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    I don't know how to word it, if I meet a girl I like I do usually draw attention to my strengths, not money or anything like that, but I will 'show off' maybe you call that confidence, and I would somewhat agree. Humility sort of implies drawing attention to weakness 'oh I'm not that great' which is sometimes putting yourself down, I don't think that comes across very well to someone you don't know well.
    I disagree, in considering a potential partner its not all about showing your talent and good qualities albeit in a slighty show off method in your case.

Yes this is a starting point but once they are interested they must know you are willing to step down every so often and realise your own weaknesses.

Its shows in the long term you admit your faults and are willing to improve if needed further down the potential relationship and also shows you don't think you're always right. It shows you have faults too so they feel more comfortable as they probably have a so called "weakness" as you put it as well.

They may even be slightly intimidated if you be walking up all smooth and start talking about all your awards, achievements and displaying all your personality strength with no recognising/evidence of weakness. It may also seem slightly rehearsed and perhaps give off an aura that is not quite down to earth.

Just my opinion, everyone is entitled to them so take what I say very lightly if you must

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the type of girl you want tbh

ReputationRep:
    I had someone in mind when I wrote the attractive part Freudian slip :rofl:

This is something I will always protest against, I think quieter people are nicer simply because they refuse to express what they think. The louder girls they may come across rude but that's only because they are being honest. I am a little bitter from experience I guess, in my life the more social gossipy types have been there for me more when things are rough.
    (BTW I did say ever so SLIGHTLY)

I kind of see where you're going and again this is GENERALISING so much but as you said your experiences are bitter and therefore naturally consciously or unconsciously biased. The fact that the more socially gossipy types were there for you as an argument is void.

Do you have quieter friends as well? Do they know you as well as the gossipy ones? Did you talk to them about situations in the same detail?Then perhaps they would have potentially been nice/even nicer as well. Besides this is GENERALISING so much and everyone's opinions are theirs.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree, in considering a potential partner its not all about showing your talent and good qualities albeit in a slighty show off method in your case.

Yes this is a starting point but once they are interested they must know you are willing to step down every so often and realise your own weaknesses.

Its shows in the long term you admit your faults and are willing to improve if needed further down the potential relationship and also shows you don't think you're always right. It shows you have faults too so they feel more comfortable as they probably have a so called "weakness" as you put it as well.

They may even be slightly intimidated if you be walking up all smooth and start talking about all your awards, achievements and displaying all your personality strength with no recognising/evidence of weakness. It may also seem slightly rehearsed and perhaps give off an aura that is not quite down to earth.

Just my opinion, everyone is entitled to them so take what I say very lightly if you must
    I do agree with some of this, but in my opinion humility must come after you have already shown you have value, otherwise what do you have to offer over other guys?
    'I'm a screw up but at least I can admit it' isn't attracting anyone let's be honest.

I do agree that women might be intimidated as well, but if a guy takes charge that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I'd rather people did disagree with me in honesty, I have never expected anyone (including friends and family) to rally round my opinions, no one really benefits from that.

ReputationRep:
    This links in to 'nice guys' and 'bad boys'.

Girls sleep with the sort of guys who would boast.

Marry and have kids with the 'humble' guys.

Sort of.

Bear in mind that most successful people have inner arrogance even if they project outward humility.

Women like men who have a high opinion of themselves. But don't need to prove this to others.

ReputationRep:

Do you have quieter friends as well? Do they know you as well as the gossipy ones? Did you talk to them about situations in the same detail?Then perhaps they would have potentially been nice/even nicer as well. Besides this is GENERALISING so much and everyone's opinions are theirs.
    Some of my quiet friends know me better than my gossipy ones, some of them are nice others are not so much, it's not that I don't make an effort with quiet people, my ex was quiet and shy, again that might be clouded, but i've dated and slept with girls of both and being quiet is just no indicator

ReputationRep:
    I do agree with some of this, but in my opinion humility must come after you have already shown you have value, otherwise what do you have to offer over other guys?
    'I'm a screw up but at least I can admit it' isn't attracting anyone let's be honest.

I do agree that women might be intimidated as well, but if a guy takes charge that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I'd rather people did disagree with me in honesty, I have never expected anyone (including friends and family) to rally round my opinions, no one really benefits from that.
    Ok for your enjoyment I disagree with you. I never once said to list out all your faults like a weekly shopping list at Tescos but you shouldn't hide all of them either. Simple mention 1 or 2 less able parts of your personality and show you are working towards improving them, that will make you WAYYY more attractive as you show your recognition and your desire for self improvement. The guy can STILL take CHARGE whilst doing all this. Simple mentioning in the conversation that you have 1 or 2 faults and youre working on them doesnt mean you suddenly morph into an introverted low tier sub alpha non sociable non competitive discounted option of a leftover from society's worst list whose been thrown irreversibly 5 million miles into the friend zone land !!

ReputationRep:

lol what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    lol what?
    If a girl thinks a guy is WAY out of her league she might not ask due to fear of almost certain rejection, so if the guy makes an effort to do the asking that should take care of it

ReputationRep:
    lol what?
    I only just realised he said that, plenty of girls take charge successfully and its all equal,things don't have the be taken charge by men even with your league argument, shouldnt the girl lead to show shes at his wayyy higher league? its beneficial for her

ReputationRep:
    I only just realised he said that, plenty of girls take charge successfully and its all equal,things don't have the be taken charge by men
    I don't even think it necessarily has to be that way either. Whatever happened to 50/50 ?

ReputationRep:
    If a girl thinks a guy is WAY out of her league she might not ask due to fear of almost certain rejection, so if the guy makes an effort to do the asking that should take care of it
    I don't see how this relates to arrogance being attractive?

ReputationRep:
    I don't even think it necessarily has to be that way either. Whatever happened to 50/50 ?
    Haha I aint chattin that it has to be all women I just said it doesnt have to be ALWAYS men takin charge 50/50 is good

split deals
    half and half meals
    fairshares
    both should care
    equal sections
    balanced selections
    don't be sexist/ridiculous
    accept those who are plain chivalrous

ReputationRep:
    Haha I aint chattin that it has to be all women I just said it doesnt have to be ALWAYS men takin charge 50/50 is good, split deal, half and half
    damn straight. My man is my partner not my boss

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how this relates to arrogance being attractive?
    He said arrogance can be intimidating

ReputationRep:
    damn straight. My man is my partner not my boss
    Damn you didnt get to quote/see my mad edited rhymes

ReputationRep:
    He said arrogance can be intimidating
    Think I just misunderstood.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.