Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've received offers from universities that do much better in terms of rankings, such as Bristol and Nottingham, but I like the look and feel of Keele much more. Is it still decent enough for law?

ReputationRep:
    Hi IsabelleK,

I currently study at Keele for Law and I have to say I love it!
    I also received offers from universities with perhaps better rankings than Keele and also chose Keele because I felt I fit in more.
    Overall it was the best choice I made. The core modules are what they are (you have to study the same wherever you go) but I really enjoy the electives modules I have chosen they have helped me to become more analytical and I even now volunteer at the courts once a week as a Community Legal Companion under the CLOCK scheme (a scheme pioneered by Keele). The thing I love the most about Keele is the community feel and I have been involved with lots of societies and committees. I even studied abroad in Canada for a semester and still get a qualifying law degree, an opportunity that many other universities don't offer!

The staff are great and have been really supportive especially after I came back from study abroad. If you have more questions about studying at Keele feel free to get in contact.
    Finally if I can give one piece of advice it is to chose where you felt the most comfortable, you have to spend three years at your university and you want to feel like you fit in. Hope this helps E xo

ReputationRep:
    I also attend Keele now and I had offers from loads other unis and if I'm honest I only chose keele because I had an unconditional, but I'm pretty glad I did. Keele offers a unique experience because of the environment that you're in and compared to the experiences of my friends at other unis, we seem to have the best and most attentive personal tutors. Keele gives you plenty of opportunities to volunteer and the annual legal dining event can give you some really great contacts too. Because Keele is in fairly close proximity to Birmingham and Manchester, the law and Bar societies organise regular trips there to visit courts/ firms etc. Keele might not be the highest in the rankings for law however you get a very unique and well rounded education due to the environment that you're in
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by IsabelleK)
    I've received offers from universities that do much better in terms of rankings, such as Bristol and Nottingham, but I like the look and feel of Keele much more. Is it still decent enough for law?
    Hi IsabelleK

It's great to hear current students give lovely feedback on Law at Keele. I'd also add that as a University, we've topped the National Student Satisfaction Survey for 2 years running, and we're just been named the number 1 broad-based University for Graduate employment - 97.5% of our graduates are in work or further study 6 months after graduating.

Oh, and we've also just been named 'cheapest university town' in a recent survey, so living here is pretty affordable too!

Hope that helps
    Sam - Digital Team

ReputationRep:
    Hi,I am an international student and I have got 2 unconditional offers from Keele and Liverpool to study medical law and ethics (Postgraduate level). I would like to ask does keele law school have many international students? Is it too difficult to study a master degree in Medical law at Keele?Is Newcastle-under-lyme a safe place to live in?Which one should I choose Liverpool or Keele? I actually tend to keele because students are required to take only 4 modules (2 modules each term) whereas Liverpool 6 modules (3 each term). but I'm not sure if it is a sufficient reason.Thank you

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.