Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

There's this guy and we've been chatting for a while, he is really into me but only seems to admit it when he is drunk. I really enjoy talking to him, I find him interesting and he isn't the usual type I usually like. He's started to talk about the idea of marrying me in the future, having children, all that type of chat (of course he is drunk). I'm away at uni and he is still back home, and I feel like he is only talking to me until exam season appears and he doesn't need the distraction. I also know for a fact that my parents will dislike him due to discussing certain things and I really care about what my family think, but I'm not too sure what to do in this situation?

He's planning to go to university next year, and he seems the type to want to have a million one night stands, so I'm trying to protect myself in the long run. Like what is the point if he is going to go to uni and we could potentially be over? Anyway, I'm not too sure what to do, I don't really want to discuss this with my friends (they all have a lot on their plates)
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    There are only two honest types of people in the world: children and the drunk. :innocent:

To be honest I've completely stopped speaking to people when exam season approaches, because I'll have no one else to blame but myself if things go downhill and I don't get the results I want.

Just don't get too attached, especially since he'll be going to uni soon.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Don't get too attached

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.