Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I wish It was only me and my dog on a lonely tropical island. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I hate people and I hate society.
    I wish I lived in a deserted lonely tropical island in the middle of the pacific ocean , just me and my dog.
    With a small home, with everything I need - a bed, shower , refrigerator.

And that's it , I wouldn't have to work or do anything,nothing will bother me.
    I would just sit in the sun and enjoy myself.

I wish it was true...

ReputationRep:
    Why do you feel like this OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aquavaq)
    I wish I lived in a deserted lonely tropical island in the middle of the pacific ocean , just me and my dog.

I wish it was true...
    Someone done something bad to you OP?

ReputationRep:
    I can relate to the feeling, but I always come back to thinking about how much I rely on modern things to live and they wouldn't be available to me if I cut myself off from society. From healthcare to clean water to the electricity we're provided with - you kind of need all that if you're hoping to have things like refrigerators and showers and drinking water. So although I have a lot of problems with the way society is set up (thank you, capitalism) and politics I realise that I'm reliant on them to have a certain quality of life.

ReputationRep:
    Into the wild

ReputationRep:

I wish it was true...
    I would become the happiest man alive if this actually happened.

I hate society, and being affected by other people's actions,

It would be perfect for me if that scenario actually happened...

ReputationRep:
    Don't you need a decent internet connection as well, now that would be heaven.

ReputationRep:

I wish it was true...

Random RHYMES incoming

True OP, societys degrading, conversations de-scaling, social trends shadowing personal uniqueness causing attention seeking bleakness, the pacific sounds terrific and seems pretty idyllic but even with a small nice home, completely all alone, eating tasty ice cream vanilla cones, you may grow sentimental about takeaways oriental or yearn to perhaps settle with a good partner-very essential, to remind you of your perhaps deteriorating dentals (you dont list bringing tootbrushes) what Im really trying to say is although society isnt an A list (with the best people and stuff) , there are still a great many few who try to be themselves yet new, who try to not be affected by all the sport captains elected, who are really down to earth and have a lot of worth, so why find these rarities hidden away from normal clarity and you may even find the one who causes you to settle and not run.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.