Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone thought about a Masters in research methods? watch

ReputationRep:
    I was hoping for some other perspectives on possibly studying research methods at postgraduate.

There is a lot of masters courses I would like to do and RM caught my imagination as it is not about WHAT you learn, but HOW you go about learning, and concentrating on the core skills from education that is: maths and language.

I would like to pursue roles in marketing from a undergraduate degree in business (with an elective module in marketing research) and I think that RM can contribute towards creating marketing communications other than pursuing a market researcher role.

Additionally, it will be great for preparation for doing a Ph.D. some day but for now I would like to pursue professional work experience and climb that career ladder.

Anyone reading this thought about pursuing research methods at postgraduate?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    What research methods are used and how will vary from field to field and sub-field to sub-field. I think you'd be better off doing an MRes or MSc with a research methods component in your subject rather than a general research methods masters especially if you want to keep your options of working in industry and trying to get into academia open.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.