Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I started a uni course in September 2012 and dropped out in November 2013 using up two years funding.
    I am now hopefully returning to uni on a two year foundation degree which I believe will both be funded but then I intend to do a further year to top-up to a BA which I believe I will have to pay for because of my previous attempt at uni which is okay(ish) as the fees are only (lol) £4500 a year.

    After I have my BA I would like to do a PGCE but I just want to know if I would also have to pay for this too? as I would have used up all my student finance entitlement but I'm unsure as I don't know how it works post graduation so I need to plan how I'm going to save £9000 (if it's still that much by then!)

    Thank you for your help
    • Very Important Poster

    Very Important Poster
    Your PGCE is a separate course and isn't counted in the calculation used by SFE to calculate how many years they'll fund you.

University open days

  1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.