Turn on thread page Beta

Feel so stupid for thinking I had a chance with him. How do I get over embarrassment? watch

I feel so silly for thinking that he liked me. We are friends but I feel deep shame when I'm around him now and I just want to disappear.

I made the fatal mistake of making the first move as a woman! He rebuffed me and even freaked out a bit. I keep replaying the scenario in my head and cringing.

I still like him but I know he will never want me.

So how do I stop feeling like an idiot? I have to see him again and again around friends.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be ashamed. There is nothing to be ashamed of. It's only awkward if you make it awkward.

I told my feelings to my best (female friend) a few months ago. She rejected me, we're still good friends today and I see her and all our mutual friends all the time. It's not weird, even though I think some of them might know. You're in love with someone who isn't, so what?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone gets rejected, just play it cool and make sure this doesn't stop you from asking someone out again in the future

ReputationRep:
    Rejection is a natural thing.
    Try to forget about what happened and move on. Things may be awkward for a little bit but they will soon improve.
    I'm afraid you can't change his feelings. I've been rejected by girls who I still liked afterwards. It sucks but you have to forget about the feelings for him and move on.
    Hopefully this helped.

ReputationRep:
    You know what? Good on you for having the courage to step outside both societies norms and your comfort zone. Time heals all wounds, just take it as a lesson learnt and be proud of yourself for having expressed how you felt. At least you wont have to look back with any "What if's" and everything happens for a reason! There's clearly someone better waiting to sweep you off your feet.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 29, 2016
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.