Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feel so stupid for thinking I had a chance with him. How do I get over embarrassment? Watch

I feel so silly for thinking that he liked me. We are friends but I feel deep shame when I'm around him now and I just want to disappear.

I made the fatal mistake of making the first move as a woman! He rebuffed me and even freaked out a bit. I keep replaying the scenario in my head and cringing.

I still like him but I know he will never want me.

So how do I stop feeling like an idiot? I have to see him again and again around friends.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be ashamed. There is nothing to be ashamed of. It's only awkward if you make it awkward.

I told my feelings to my best (female friend) a few months ago. She rejected me, we're still good friends today and I see her and all our mutual friends all the time. It's not weird, even though I think some of them might know. You're in love with someone who isn't, so what?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone gets rejected, just play it cool and make sure this doesn't stop you from asking someone out again in the future

ReputationRep:
    Rejection is a natural thing.
    Try to forget about what happened and move on. Things may be awkward for a little bit but they will soon improve.
    I'm afraid you can't change his feelings. I've been rejected by girls who I still liked afterwards. It sucks but you have to forget about the feelings for him and move on.
    Hopefully this helped.

ReputationRep:
    You know what? Good on you for having the courage to step outside both societies norms and your comfort zone. Time heals all wounds, just take it as a lesson learnt and be proud of yourself for having expressed how you felt. At least you wont have to look back with any "What if's" and everything happens for a reason! There's clearly someone better waiting to sweep you off your feet.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.