Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Been offered a place to study Industrial Economics at Nottingham this year and this course is based on the Jubilee campus. I initially wanted to go self-catered but had second thoughts about this due to all self-catered sites being off campus. Can anyone recommend whether self catered sites such as raleigh park or broadgate park are worth it and whether it is true about some students feeling slightly socially isolated due to being off campus?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g_forcellati)
    Been offered a place to study Industrial Economics at Nottingham this year and this course is based on the Jubilee campus. I initially wanted to go self-catered but had second thoughts about this due to all self-catered sites being off campus. Can anyone recommend whether self catered sites such as raleigh park or broadgate park are worth it and whether it is true about some students feeling slightly socially isolated due to being off campus?
    Thanks!
    Im doing this course too i was told that certain areas of the self-catered accommodations are isolated e.g. if you want a good social life in raleigh park you need to be in silitoe court. For this reason I'm now going catered and staying on jubilee

ReputationRep:
    Having taken the bus from university campus to jubilee and then to Raleigh in the rain I would say that Raleigh is a decent bet and far cheaper (£60pw I think but not inc food of course) than the catered on campus accommodation.
    There is plenty of food places etc by Raleigh and its about 5-10mins walk to Jubilee.
    I wouldn't really fancy taking the hopper bus from UC to JC every morning, but if you get involved in socities then I reckon that popping over when you want to would be a decent option.

Raleigh seemed a fairly block, but tbh if it was available I'd probably look at Manorpark as well

ReputationRep:
    I'm in catered halls and I really don't like it here. I think self-catered halls such as Raleigh Park, St Peters Court and Nottingham 1 would be nice as they're just a 5-10 min walk to school. I wouldn't recommend broad gate park as it's all the way on Uni Park and I've heard the wifi isn't good. You really can't be socially isolated to be honest, as the self-catered halls try to organise social events. You can also choose to share a flat, and you'll surely bump into someone in the lift, gym, laundry etc. It all boils down to you, if you're a social person, you can thrive anywhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g_forcellati)
    Thanks!
    I'm in the same predicament as you, not knowing whether to go BGP or Raleigh even though my lectures are based at JC.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you interested in staying in nottingham 1 student accomodation? It is a private accomodation and i am currently living there. I am moving out very soon and looking for a replacement to take over my flat. It is a small studio. Let me know ASAP if you are interested.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.