The Student Room Group

Applying past UCAS Deadlines for 2016

I've had a brief chat with Admissions at Manchester Met University regarding studying an Economics course.

I initially thought about applying for 2017, and perhaps studying a home study A level course or something similar to strengthen my hand. But I did quite well in my A levels (although it was many years ago) , so they said I actually have enough UCAS points to do the course.

Which has left the door possibly open, just slightly, to sneak in this September. I might have misunderstood what they have said, but is this possible?

I'm only trading on my work history and my interest in the subject to be accepted on the course. Is it just a case of applying through UCAS and then waiting until August to see what the situation is?
Original post by Nick77
I've had a brief chat with Admissions at Manchester Met University regarding studying an Economics course.

I initially thought about applying for 2017, and perhaps studying a home study A level course or something similar to strengthen my hand. But I did quite well in my A levels (although it was many years ago) , so they said I actually have enough UCAS points to do the course.

Which has left the door possibly open, just slightly, to sneak in this September. I might have misunderstood what they have said, but is this possible?

I'm only trading on my work history and my interest in the subject to be accepted on the course. Is it just a case of applying through UCAS and then waiting until August to see what the situation is?

It is possible to be accepted onto a course even if you apply late. The deadline isn't really a deadline at all; it just means universities are not obliged to treat late applicants with "equal consideration" as those who applied before January. If you want to go to MMU then you have nothing to lose by applying. But don't rush into going to any old university just because they're prepared to accept a late applicant, better to wait a year for the right course.
Yeah, I applied a couple of weeks ago (mid Feb), well after the deadline and received two offers from Newcastle and Leicester - still waiting the rest.

Unis are pretty chill about it so don't worry, obviously with extra just opening up and they're wanting to fill em.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending