Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's a community job 25 hours a week. I have autism and schizophrenia and it's sort of a charity case job. Someone got government funding for me to do the job so the government pays me.

I don't enjoy the job and think it's making me unwell.

i already have PIP enhanced rate and can't get hired in regular jobs.

I'm 23.

I don't see a future in work, and I certainly will never get the sort of work which will attract a good mate. I don't think I'll be able to secure a mainstream job after it and hold it down, as I'm severely mentally ill.

All I can do with the money (it's a 6 month min wage job, so presumably about £4000) is put it in a trust, and continue whittling my money down until I'm on ESA.

I am severely disabled before you ask.

I will probably be unable to secure a partner, or save up for a flat on my own (my parents say they'll hopefully put money aside so i can get one when they die).

I don't know what the point of this job is.

ReputationRep:
    n e one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samharrison)
    It's a community job 25 hours a week. I have autism and schizophrenia and it's sort of a charity case job. Someone got government funding for me to do the job so the government pays me.

I don't enjoy the job and think it's making me unwell.

i already have PIP enhanced rate and can't get hired in regular jobs.

I'm 23.

I don't see a future in work, and I certainly will never get the sort of work which will attract a good mate. I don't think I'll be able to secure a mainstream job after it and hold it down, as I'm severely mentally ill.

All I can do with the money (it's a 6 month min wage job, so presumably about £4000) is put it in a trust, and continue whittling my money down until I'm on ESA.

I am severely disabled before you ask.

I will probably be unable to secure a partner, or save up for a flat on my own (my parents say they'll hopefully put money aside so i can get one when they die).

I don't know what the point of this job is.
    If the job is making you ill(er)- then your first step should be to speak to your GP, or your mental health team. They may offer to sign you off for a short period initially if you're having a short term crisis, or they may agree that this job isn't the right thing for you right now, and help you leave in such a way that you'd still be entitled to benefits in the future. Just walking out could effect your future entitlement to ESA, which could be a problem for you long term.

The point of the job from the government's point of view is A) taking you off the unemployment statistics temporarily, and possibly discouraging you from applying for ESA long term and B) gaining you experience so that you might be able to secure a job in the future.

Short term, you need to look after your own health (mental or physical first).

Longer term, is there anything in your life that gives you real enjoyment? Would there be any way of turning this into a job? There are all sorts of unusual niches out there, and you might be able to find something to suit you.

ReputationRep:
    I would say, do what makes you happy, life is short, there must of been a dream you had and go out and try to achieve it, you can Always make income online, try that while working your job, and and never give up hope on looking for someone, have faith and it will always happen, just relax and see the world in a different view...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.