Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is she being so friendly towards me? Watch

A friend from my evening class is being really friendly towards me but it's strange because it's a bit of a hit and miss in terms of her signals. We are actually good friends and we meet up a lot for drinks at the bar or just to eat.

But anyway, I am trying to find myself a job and she is helping me so much on my job applications and my CV. She would also throw me random compliments every now and then like how I'm really smart or funny, it's not flirty but it's still a compliment which I rarely get. Last night she invited me round for dinner and she cooked a meal for me. It was out of the blue and I didn't expect it. She would randomly phone me to ask me how I am as well.

But the thing I don't get it is, she would talk about other guys she likes. Also I stayed round her place one night because it was getting late and the buses were not running and she made me sleep on the floor.

Do I just take her friendliness with a pinch of salt or could she like me? In other words, is this just normal friend behaviour? What is she up to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A friend from my evening class is being really friendly towards me but it's strange because it's a bit of a hit and miss in terms of her signals. We are actually good friends and we meet up a lot for drinks at the bar or just to eat.

But anyway, I am trying to find myself a job and she is helping me so much on my job applications and my CV. She would also throw me random compliments every now and then like how I'm really smart or funny, it's not flirty but it's still a compliment which I rarely get. Last night she invited me round for dinner and she cooked a meal for me. It was out of the blue and I didn't expect it. She would randomly phone me to ask me how I am as well.

But the thing I don't get it is, she would talk about other guys she likes. Also I stayed round her place one night because it was getting late and the buses were not running and she made me sleep on the floor.

Do I just take her friendliness with a pinch of salt or could she like me? In other words, is this just normal friend behaviour? What is she up to?
    Dude, she likes you

(Original post by nhtw)
    Dude, she likes you
    Didn't mention she has tried to set me up with other girls...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    That seems a bit weird to me. I thought she was just being friendly. But she really does seem to be giving mixed signals here.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think she likes you that way and she sounds like a genuinely lovely person so don't screw it up, and this is coming from me, usually i'd advise ordering her out of her own bed.

bump

ReputationRep:
    She sounds like a genuinely friendly person but it doesn't seem as if she likes you as more than a friend.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.