Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I have wished her happy birthday today Watch

Today is the 29th Feb (ie leap year). thing is, today is also the birthday of someone who I used to consider 1 of my best friends / someone whom I used to fancy (and she had similar feelings for me but I was too afraid to act on them). Sadly, we havent spoken in 8 years due to various reasons and its def a case of we were so close but now were so far. Iv kinda gained the courage to wish her happy birthday but im kinda anxious about it. should I have left it or did I do the right thing in wishing her happy birthday

ReputationRep:
    8 years?!?!?!?

FOK THIS

thats what i thought lol, but ran into her bestie last year (around her birthday) and wished her happy birthday. didnt want to seem like I have a thing for either of them lol (personally, I couldnt care less about romance atm, just want closure on a lot of loose threads in my life)

prettymuch all my lady friends were the ones who encouraged me to wish her happy birthday lol

ReputationRep:
    You have nothing to lose.

I'd say go for it!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.