Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I confirm I receive their email outlining the next selection process? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I applied for a job (overseas) and they sent an email a few weeks later confirming they had it and would look at applications soon. They got back to me not long after with an email saying that for the next stage we had to answer some technical questions and the closing date was in a couple of weeks. I got another email with the same questions, but the body of the email was just a short message saying they were just resending. I was just going to answer the questions and then email them. But maybe they were expecting me to confirm I had their email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Et Tu, Brute?)
    So I applied for a job (overseas) and they sent an email a few weeks later confirming they had it and would look at applications soon. They got back to me not long after with an email saying that for the next stage we had to answer some technical questions and the closing date was in a couple of weeks. I got another email with the same questions, but the body of the email was just a short message saying they were just resending. I was just going to answer the questions and then email them. But maybe they were expecting me to confirm I had their email?
    Given they've emailed twice, I would confirm you received the email and get the answers to them ASAP. Although the closing date is in a couple of weeks, I'd aim to get the answers to them within 24 to 48 hours if you can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlowlorisIncognito)
    Given they've emailed twice, I would confirm you received the email and get the answers to them ASAP. Although the closing date is in a couple of weeks, I'd aim to get the answers to them within 24 to 48 hours if you can.
    asap is my intention, sadly I have a deadline coming up so trying to deal with that at the minute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Et Tu, Brute?)
    asap is my intention, sadly I have a deadline coming up so trying to deal with that at the minute.
    I would email them, and let them know when they can expect your answers- either they've had some kind of technical problem, in which case they'll appreciate the confirmation, or they've received responses from all the other applicants and are trying to work out if you're still interested.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.