Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Leap Day - Four Years Ago, Four Years From Now Watch

ReputationRep:
    Four years ago today: I would have probably been stressing about my A-levels and wtf I was gonna do with my life; I'd firmed Newcastle Uni with Essex as my insurance. I ended up missing my offer for Newcastle and going Essex, but I left after my first year.

Four years from today: Hopefully I'll have graduated from somewhere, ironically I just got an unconditional offer from Newcastle today so I seem to have come full circle. I hope to have graduated, applied for and attained a place on a teaching course/teach first and be a newly qualified teacher. Fun times.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    Oh no I love the idea of a massive house and a big family etc.
    That doesn't bother me, but owning a house that I feel like I have to stay in for a long time scares me. I want to be a free bird

ReputationRep:
    L0ser then, l0ser now.

ReputationRep:
    Four years ago I was a 13yo fully struggling with puberty. Dealing with two annoying 14yo boys. Good exam results, and a strange love for history which stopped by the time I was 14. Had no idea what/where I wanted to study.

Four years from now I'll either have just finished my Zoology degree or will be nearing the end of my fourth year if I do one. I'll be happy, hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    Four years ago today : I was in year 8, new to the country and trying to fit in. Had 0 close friends and was bored for most of the time. Despised most of my lessons and basically daydreamed a lot. Basically clueless.

Four years from now : On the the final successive year of my degree and hopefully have secured a training contract. Here's hoping for a good future 😭

ReputationRep:
    Four Years Ago: I was in Year 7, so was probably making friends, and enjoying life as there was no pressure to do well :awesome: so life was great! I was doing alright at school, nothing special happening really.

Four Years Later: Will probably be in my 2nd year at uni, whatever uni that may be, and doing whatever I end up choosing next year... :banana2:
    Hopefully, I will be doing well at a top university in a course I will enjoy, which I will have decided in a years' time today! :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    four years ago I was in year eight with some dank memes
    four years from now I'll hopefully have a degree in a STEM field and stop walking into doors or something

ReputationRep:
    Four years ago today, February 29th 2012 :2012: (I had to put that 'emoticon' in there somewhere!): I was in Year 7, in a 'new' school (still with no friends); wanted to be a bus driver (yes, really); and didn't really think much further into the future than the next homework deadline. That was a... fun year, shall we say!

Now, February 29th 2016: I'm in Year 11, worrying about GCSEs, revision, and coursework. I've 'come out of my shell' a little and am trying to make some actual friendships beyond classroom acquaintances. I now would like to be a doctor, so my career ambitions have matured somewhat in the last four years!

Four years from now, February 29th 2020: I'll hopefully be in my second year of university training to be a doctor! I hope to have been able to make some good, proper friends in Sixth Form and university, and be heading for a good future! Either that or I'll be on a Stagecoach training contract...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meediaabid)
    four years ago I was in year eight with some dank memes
    four years from now I'll hopefully have a degree in a STEM field and stop walking into doors or something
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    four years ago - I was embarrassing

four years from now - I will be embarrassing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkred)
    L0ser then, l0ser now.
    What about in 4 years tho. Maybe you'll have won clubber of the year or smth by then

ReputationRep:
    4 years ago I believe I was pulling all nighters finishing my dissertation about the pharmaceutical industry and the impact of blockbuster drugs in the emerging markets 🤔

Today I'm in the middle of a desert working as an associate in the big 4. I tend to like to think, and be, positive so I'll just say I hope to see better days in March 🤔

4 years from now I hope to see myself eclipsing the constant dependency on the monies 🤔

From reading the opening post and feeling that moaning effect I'm going to assume you are that user enaaryah or something. Good luck to your Cambridge quest if that was what you were after 🤔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Today is leap day :awesome:

So I thought I'd try out a little game

How were you like four years ago today?

What will it be like for you four years from now?

For me:

Four years ago: I was becoming increasingly depressed in school because I didn't feel like I was fitting in and couldn't connect with many of my friends. I also had many insecurities and my natural tendency to want to do well in exams didn't help because I was only enforcing my 'nerd' image for an upcoming maths exam
    I started to get interested in old Hollywood actors and actresses at that time too, they were (and Audrey still is) a source of inspiration and a way to forget about everything that made me sad

Four years from now: I'll hopefully have graduated (with a first!) from my first choice uni, perhaps with a PhD scholarship to start in the autumn. Who really knows though - I could have sold my virginity or something and be living as an upper class prostitute. I could be made to marry someone by my parents...

Post your own past and future below!
    4 years ago: Would have just been finishing off my January modular exams in my a-levels having come out of one with an A* grade whilst going home every night trying to cope with a lonely and grieving mother who had just recently lost her brother to septicaemia

4 years from now: Hopefully graduated in Med Chem with a 2:1/1st and on my way to getting a place on a graduate medicine course

ReputationRep:
    4 years ago i was in year 10, (scary!!!!) i was study hard for my GCSE, not a care in the world, just wanted to pass and have my summer.

4 years from now, hopefully finishing law school my BPTC/LPC with a good grade and finish uni with at least 2.1, then in a training contract with a good wage, within the area of law i want to be. Hopefully moving out with my boyfreind.

ReputationRep:
    Well four years ago today I was 18 and I was in the last year of my A Levels. I had recently met my best friend so I was happy on that score but I was frustrated at school as everyone was applying to uni and I was sick of studying. Its funny really because I am doing my degree now. Hopefully in 4 years I will be a graduate with a fulfilling job, who is happy and making a positive difference to peoples lives.

ReputationRep:
    Ago: I was running a small business and doing very well, thank you very much.
    From now: I'll either be finishing my masters or be in the middle of a PhD, depends on how well I do at university.

ReputationRep:
    4 years ago: just chilling during year 8, failing at school
    4years time: hopefully in the third year of my degree with a great job (ib) lined up after graduation

ReputationRep:
    4 years ago I was slowly, frustratingly heading for my 3rd and final suspension of studies, thanks to my latest ME/CFS relapse, in my final year

4 years from now my health will have improved and I will have made a real difference in improving health outcomes for many, many others

ReputationRep:
    Four years ago:
    Very difficult period in my life. Complicated family life and I cried quite often. My only escape was through my laptop with access to the internet through my trusty USB dongle.
    I learnt so much and it made me feel like I wasn't alone chatting on online forums.
    My group of friends at that time weren't really friends and I spent my summers just on my own. I'd used to try and learn to code, video edit and design stuff locked inside my room. Literally nearly 24/7 glued to my good old laptop.

Four years from now:
    22 years old and having the time of my life Doing well in my degree and positive about the future.
    Have loads of friends surrounding me and being generally optimistic.
    Fully nerdy at this point and less complaining from me.
    Basically I'll be a changed person in four years time. I just can't wait for uni!

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow is a mystery, but I think i've got it worked out

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.