Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Leap Day - Four Years Ago, Four Years From Now Watch

ReputationRep:
    me 4 yrs ago - http://www.nateleung.com/assets/7-Re...-and-Broke.jpg

me today - http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...r_2941193b.jpg (i dont have a lambo, but I could buy one, no finance)

me 4 yrs from now - http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/K...NOxtn_N-3l.jpg

ReputationRep:
    4 years ago, was the most popular girl in school. was happy as ever, even though everythinh else was **ck** up.
    4 years from now, at mys sister's wedding.
    XD

ReputationRep:
    Four years ago -
    13 years old in year 8, preparing for my first ever GCSE (Spanish) and obsessed with gymnastics. Oh how I miss those days, I was so carefree 😂

Four years from now -
    21 years old, hopefully in my third year of a Medicine degree with great people and enjoying my studies, making my parents proud 😆

ReputationRep:
    Four years ago - Working a sh*t job.

Four years from now - Finishing undergrad with a first(hopefully) and applying for post-grad.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully in my placement year at uni. Or maybe graduating.

Success is like pregnancy- everyone congratulates you for it but no one realises how much you got ****ed to achieve it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrianMcEgg)
    Hopefully in my placement year at uni. Or maybe graduating.

Success is like pregnancy- everyone congratulates you for it but no one realises how much you got ****ed to achieve it
    lol so truee!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Today is leap day :awesome:

So I thought I'd try out a little game

How were you like four years ago today?

What will it be like for you four years from now?

For me:

Four years ago: I was becoming increasingly depressed in school because I didn't feel like I was fitting in and couldn't connect with many of my friends. I also had many insecurities and my natural tendency to want to do well in exams didn't help because I was only enforcing my 'nerd' image for an upcoming maths exam
    I started to get interested in old Hollywood actors and actresses at that time too, they were (and Audrey still is) a source of inspiration and a way to forget about everything that made me sad

Four years from now: I'll hopefully have graduated (with a first!) from my first choice uni, perhaps with a PhD scholarship to start in the autumn. Who really knows though - I could have sold my virginity or something and be living as an upper class prostitute. I could be made to marry someone by my parents...

Post your own past and future below!
    I was 4years old 4 years ago yesterday and I'll be 6 in 4years time LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

ReputationRep:
    4 years ago
    I was starting to see reality

4 years from now
    hopefully in Kings college or Manchester medical school
    probs in loads of debt but happy with my course
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    4 years ago: In year 10. Didn't particularly enjoy school. Was a **** student and frankly gave my teachers hell because my life was a mess.

4 years from now: All going well, I'll still be in vet school, either in fifth year (woohoo rotations! :woo:) or fourth if I decide to intercalate. I hope I still enjoy it as much as I do now

ReputationRep:
    Four years ago: In year 8, depression was starting to get worse, in a really bad place, no life plan

Four years from now: In my 3rd year of uni, already have an internship organised, written and (hopefully) published my first book, managing my mental illness, actually have money!!!

ReputationRep:
    4 years ago: I was on track for 4 U grades at sixform and taking drugs with the wrong kind of people aha. Looking back on it I was so stupid and it cost me 2 years of my life and instead of being in first year I could be in third year but then I wouldn't have met some of the amazing people I know today, so I guess every cloud has a silver lining

4 years from now: Hopefully graduated with a first class degree in physics and be 6 months into my Phd

ReputationRep:
    4 years ago-still doing GCSE's, and applying for sixth form colleges.
    4 years later-hopefully doing a masters, have a steady relationships or be married. Travel the world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFBS)
    I know it's a few hours too late, but I was thinking about four years ago not too long ago.

4 years back - I'd just left my husband and moved back to my parents house. I spent far too much time watching crap TV, eating ice cream and was working part time in a taxi office. In the next six weeks I'd have been picking myself back up off the floor and starting my own business.

Now - Working so hard on my access course and level 3 NVQ in health and social care. Still recovering from losing one of my best friends unexpectedly after a battle with cancer. Just had a second place at uni offered to me, so difficult decisions to come. Love my life at the moment, but looking forward to exciting new adventures.

4 years forward - I'll hopefully have been working as a mental health nurse for about 8 months, would like to have got some savings behind me again and be loving it as much as I love my life right now.
    Go you! Well done for turning it around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Today is leap day :awesome:

So I thought I'd try out a little game

How were you like four years ago today?

What will it be like for you four years from now?

For me:

Four years ago: I was becoming increasingly depressed in school because I didn't feel like I was fitting in and couldn't connect with many of my friends. I also had many insecurities and my natural tendency to want to do well in exams didn't help because I was only enforcing my 'nerd' image for an upcoming maths exam
    I started to get interested in old Hollywood actors and actresses at that time too, they were (and Audrey still is) a source of inspiration and a way to forget about everything that made me sad

Four years from now: I'll hopefully have graduated (with a first!) from my first choice uni, perhaps with a PhD scholarship to start in the autumn. Who really knows though - I could have sold my virginity or something and be living as an upper class prostitute. I could be made to marry someone by my parents...

Post your own past and future below!
    Woo! :awesome:

2nd March 2012: I was 15 going on 16. I was in Year 10. At this time, I thought I was a bisexual girl. :rofl: I believe I was almost ready to come out to my family at this time. It was a month before I came out at school. The bullying had pretty much settled bar a few people who still gave me ****. This was around the time I was sexually assaulted in school by a younger kid though, which was dealt with effectively. I was doing my GCSEs and BTECs. I wanted to go to college and wasn't sure about university. I was single and didn't have many friends. I had a mega baby face. :rofl: My little sister was 3 at the time. I think she might have been in nursery school. Probably. My mum and stepdad were coming up to their second wedding anniversary and my dad and stepmum were coming up to their fifth wedding anniversary. I had been writing for 16-18 months, just over 12 of those being online. So yeah, I'd been writing online for a year.

2nd March 2016: I'm 19 going on 20. I'm in Year 14, first year at uni, studying a psychology degree after getting BCC at A Levels in sixth form college. Now, I know I am a pansexual transgender man. I'm also greysexual and demiromantic. If anyone disputes this I'm just going to ignore you because the amount of abuse I've had on here about how my sexuality is somehow made-up is ****ing ridiculous. So I'll just ignore any bigots today. :fleurdelis: I've started transitioning very slowly but surely. Not medically, generally. I've been out for a while though. Also, I'm finally taking musical theatre classes and waiting for a script (unrelated to said classes) for my voice-acting debut. I also have an amazing boyfriend, one of the writers of said script. He's super supportive of everything about me and he's perfect for me. :love: I have many more friends now. I have a slightly less baby face. :lol: My little sister is 7 going on 8 now. She's about to finish Year 2 and is heading to Year 3 this September. My mum and stepdad are coming up to their sixth wedding anniversary and my dad and stepmum are coming up to their ninth wedding anniversary. And now I've been writing for over 5 years. I have a published poem in an anthology and a published Wiki article. I also have my own LGBT+ social network called Rainbow Vibes on Facebook which is almost a year and a half old.

2nd March 2020: I will be a 23 year old man, going on 24. I'll be graduated by then and hopefully I'll be doing what I actually want to do. (I enjoy psychology it's just not my career). Hopefully, I'll be doing much more musical theatre and touring around the country maybe, also voice-acting for my boyfriend's films, and maybe even big-time films. Hopefully me and my boyfriend will still be together. We will have just celebrated our fourth anniversary. And I'll be on testosterone by then, maybe even post-surgery I hope but who knows. Also I'll be in my own place (with my boyfriend would be nice: no hints ) and have cats. :emog: Also more friends and experiences, particularly travelling experiences. My little sister won't be so little anymore. She'll be 11 years old and getting ready to finish Year 6. :shock: My parents will be celebrating their tenth and thirteenth wedding anniversaries respectively. (The latter parents are my sister's parents btw :fyi:). And hopefully I'll have stories published by then and more poetry as well. And Rainbow Vibes will be 5 and a half years old. Well, nearly anyway. And it'll be much bigger by then I hope. By this point, I'll have done a lot more activism than now as well. And life will be awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgeheal)
    4 long year ago I was in year 9 of School. On the day, my sister was to be diagnosed with cancer. Currently, I am in college in my 2nd year. 4 year from now I hope be finishing my cadetship in the merchant navy and about to qualify as an officer of watch.
    Don't do it unless you are going to do marine engineering and in that case only go ahead and do it if you can: get a cadetship with Maersk, BP etc. OR get a company who will sponsor you to do a FD (Which is level 5 - equiv. to 2 years @ university what can easily be topped up to a B.Eng in mech eng.)

As a EOOW who qualified a year ago I can tell you that the merchant navy has died its death and the jobs now all go to eastern Europeans/Indians/Africans (Not that I have a problem with that at all, these guys are willing to work longer trips, longer hours and generally will accept 30-40% less pay. The only work that will be available for British officers is on cruise ships or yachts (The former is terribly paid with extremely long trips and the latter is a heyday that is quickly becoming cliquey and closed). Don't believe the "There is a shortage of British officers" or "The merchant navy is always expanding" crap as it is not only is it misleading but also very untrue - in 15-20 years automation will cut crews down into single figures (therefore further job cuts).

Being a cadet also sucks and I could also go off on a tangent about that but I'm not going to.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.