Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I find it hard to talk to boys - Please help! Watch

ReputationRep:
    This is cute. Hehe. Just talk to them the way you talk to your friends or family. I usually don't talk to a stranger male unless they talk to me first. Just don't stress yourself that you should really talk to them whenever you see one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopefujisaki)
    Good idea but I don't want to get catfished
    It is only natural to worry about talking to guys if you don't do it often. At the end of the day, we are pretty much the same as girls but with different interests. It is likely that the guy you speak to is equally nervous if not more so, so do not worry. Just talk to them as you would a female friend and you will quickly realise that you were silly to worry. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaswift)
    There's a theory amongst immature teenage boys that women have no logic to their actions and don't make any sense. Ignore it.
    Its more than just ''immature teenage boys'', its a universal opinion amongst men of all ages because women are much more emotionally driven and more indirect.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by hopefujisaki)
    Hi!
    So I go to a girl's secondary school and have since yr 7 of course. In that time, I haven't spoken to boys outside of my family circle and being in a girl's school, the opposite gender seems kind of foreign and scary to me. I know they're not but you know...

I went to a sixth form college taster day recently and I think it was probably one of the most terrifying days of my life (Well when I first got there anyway).
    A girl showed me around, I told her my dilemma and she thankfully understood and when I was introduced to a male it actually wasn't so bad.

However, for some reason I still have that annoying feeling in the back of my mind at the thought of even meeting a boy and I don't know what to do. I have to get over this at some point!!!
    Well, guys are a lot easier than girls - just relax and say whatever **** pops into your head, that's what we do

ReputationRep:
    I was like that I went to an all girls school and it wasn't till uni that I was fine with talking to boys but you get used to it they are the same just different.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly they're barely any different to talk to than girls except the average amount of penis jokes tends to be higher.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.