Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to ask.
    to foundation years allow BTEC qualification. cause I want to do a math degree. also if you have a joint honour degree and one of them is math can you do a master in math after wards. also can you be an engineer if you have a master in math. any roots into engineering with it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You can do a foundation year with a BTEC (I know someone who has done just that), but some universities don't like admitting people fresh out of college - when did you do your BTEC? I suspect you could do a MSc in maths with a joint hons undergraduate degree, yes. Maths grads often end up working for engineering firms but they're not engineers themselves.

ReputationRep:
    so do you think I can do a foundation year in math. I just came out of college. so what do you think. has this happened before. and that person you said who has done thins before di he come straight out of college. is there another way like can I do a foundation degree in mathematics then onto a bachelor or does it not work that way.

ReputationRep:
    also I forgot to ask this. my friend is doing a levels and one of them Is math and thinks he might not pass so hes wondering can he do a foundation year. also im sorry im actually finishing college in end of this school year.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by mnak123456)
    so do you think I can do a foundation year in math. I just came out of college. so what do you think. has this happened before. and that person you said who has done thins before di he come straight out of college. is there another way like can I do a foundation degree in mathematics then onto a bachelor or does it not work that way.
    Maybe, you need to research foundation years and look at university entry requirements. There are some that accept recent college leavers (Sheffield Hallam, for example). Click here to see list of foundation years: http://search.ucas.com/search/provid...=&SubjectCode=

There are no maths foundation degrees by the way. Focus on foundation years.

also I forgot to ask this. my friend is doing a levels and one of them Is math and thinks he might not pass so hes wondering can he do a foundation year. also im sorry im actually finishing college in end of this school year.
    I don't know, he has to do some research.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I wanted to ask.
    to foundation years allow BTEC qualification. cause I want to do a math degree. also if you have a joint honour degree and one of them is math can you do a master in math after wards. also can you be an engineer if you have a master in math. any roots into engineering with it.
    If you want to go into engineering just do engineering. It really is that simple.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.