The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Questions about Keele accommodation

Hi everyone,

I have accepted an unconditional offer to study at Keele, and I have been invited to apply for my accommodation. The problem is that I'm having trouble deciding on my room type preferences, i.e. whether to put premier flat or premier ensuite as my first room type choice.

I have a few questions about the accommodation at Keele, and I'd be really grateful if anyone could answer them for me!

Are the rooms and bathrooms in the premier flats at Barnes Hall spacious (in comparison to say the premier ensuites at Lindsay Hall, which I think are a good size)?

How long does it take to walk from the premier flats in Barnes Hall to the centre of campus, where the shops, Student's Union etc are?

What are the ensuite bathrooms in the Barnes Hall premier flats like? Are they wet rooms or is the shower inside an enclosure (if that makes sense)?

Also, if anyone could provide me with any images of the rooms and bathrooms, particularly in Barnes' premier flats, that would be amazing! I'm a little hesitant to choose premier flats as my first choice because I haven't been able to visit them in person...

All info is appreciated, thank you! :h:
I was told on the offer holder day the rooms in Lindsay are a bit bigger than the Barnes Hall flats infact you can take a look at this to see.

Barnes Hall Premier Flat
Lindsay Hall Premier En-suite
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by Leviathan1741
Hi everyone,

I have accepted an unconditional offer to study at Keele, and I have been invited to apply for my accommodation. The problem is that I'm having trouble deciding on my room type preferences, i.e. whether to put premier flat or premier ensuite as my first room type choice.

I have a few questions about the accommodation at Keele, and I'd be really grateful if anyone could answer them for me!

Are the rooms and bathrooms in the premier flats at Barnes Hall spacious (in comparison to say the premier ensuites at Lindsay Hall, which I think are a good size)?

How long does it take to walk from the premier flats in Barnes Hall to the centre of campus, where the shops, Student's Union etc are?

What are the ensuite bathrooms in the Barnes Hall premier flats like? Are they wet rooms or is the shower inside an enclosure (if that makes sense)?

Also, if anyone could provide me with any images of the rooms and bathrooms, particularly in Barnes' premier flats, that would be amazing! I'm a little hesitant to choose premier flats as my first choice because I haven't been able to visit them in person...

All info is appreciated, thank you! :h:

Hiya

I live in a premier en suite and had a friend living in the premier flats in Barnes last year so I may be able to help a little bit.

- Both the premier flat and premier en suite rooms are spacious and there's not too much difference in space and storage between them to be honest they're both really good rooms.

In the premier en suite rooms it also depends on the layout of the furniture; last year my bed (3/4 size in premier en suite and single in premier flat) was in the middle of the room and took up a lot of the floor space but this year it's in the corner and the room looks much bigger.

The kitchens in the premier flats are a lot bigger than the kitchens for the premier en suite rooms though and you have the bonus of having a key to the building, the flat and your room so it's much less likely for someone to steal your food.

- Walking from Barnes to the centre of campus doesn't take that long at all: 10 mins max if you're a slow walker but about 5 for most people I'd say and the distance to the centre of campus from Lindsay Court, Holly Cross and the Oaks is about the same.

This map shows the whole campus. Blocks X and W are the premier flat rooms in Barnes and the centre of campus is marked union square.

http://www.keele.ac.uk/findus/maps/Keele_campus_guide_colour.pdf

- The en suites in Barnes aren't wet rooms they're showers inside an enclosure :smile:

- The post above this one shows both room types quite nicely but I do have more pictures that my friend sent me last year if you want to see them. I also have photos of the premier en suite rooms. I have no idea how to send them using this site though so you can private message me an email address for me to send them if you'd like.

Samera
Third year pharmacy student at Keele :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Daydreamer <3 xx
Hiya

I live in a premier en suite and had a friend living in the premier flats in Barnes last year so I may be able to help a little bit.

- Both the premier flat and premier en suite rooms are spacious and there's not too much difference in space and storage between them to be honest they're both really good rooms.

In the premier en suite rooms it also depends on the layout of the furniture; last year my bed (3/4 size in premier en suite and single in premier flat) was in the middle of the room and took up a lot of the floor space but this year it's in the corner and the room looks much bigger.

The kitchens in the premier flats are a lot bigger than the kitchens for the premier en suite rooms though and you have the bonus of having a key to the building, the flat and your room so it's much less likely for someone to steal your food.

- Walking from Barnes to the centre of campus doesn't take that long at all: 10 mins max if you're a slow walker but about 5 for most people I'd say and the distance to the centre of campus from Lindsay Court, Holly Cross and the Oaks is about the same.

This map shows the whole campus. Blocks X and W are the premier flat rooms in Barnes and the centre of campus is marked union square.

http://www.keele.ac.uk/findus/maps/Keele_campus_guide_colour.pdf

- The en suites in Barnes aren't wet rooms they're showers inside an enclosure :smile:

- The post above this one shows both room types quite nicely but I do have more pictures that my friend sent me last year if want to see them. I have no idea how to send them using this site though so you can private message me an email address for me to send them if you'd like.

Samera
Third year pharmacy student at Keele :smile:

Thank you so much!! This was really helpful. I'll PM you :h:
Reply 4
Hi congrats on your offer at Keele, it's a great university, you'll really enjoy your time here.

All the information above is pretty much right.
The only thing I would add is that, although it does depend on the layout of your room, personally I think the premier en suites in Lindsay are indeed more spacious (with the addition of more modern and homely) than the premier flats in Barnes.

Also, although the kitchens in Lindsay may be slightly smaller, you do have less people sharing one kitchen (around 6 people)
The distance is again, pretty much the same with both, max 10 mins walk. All in all, I would definitely go for the premiere en suites in Lindsay.

Hope this somewhat helped and all the best :smile:
- 3rd Year International Business Student
Original post by w3r22
Hi congrats on your offer at Keele, it's a great university, you'll really enjoy your time here.

All the information above is pretty much right.
The only thing I would add is that, although it does depend on the layout of your room, personally I think the premier en suites in Lindsay are indeed more spacious (with the addition of more modern and homely) than the premier flats in Barnes.

Also, although the kitchens in Lindsay may be slightly smaller, you do have less people sharing one kitchen (around 6 people)
The distance is again, pretty much the same with both, max 10 mins walk. All in all, I would definitely go for the premiere en suites in Lindsay.

Hope this somewhat helped and all the best :smile:
- 3rd Year International Business Student

Thank you! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest