Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    deleted sorry

ReputationRep:
    It's competitive. By that I mean EXTREMELY competitive. 2 places amongst hundreds, or possibly thousands of applicants. But you can win Who knows.The date of announcement goes in a broad range of dates and since they don't specify, it's impossible to know - varying every year. Btw, how did you answer the scholarship essay ? Deadline for application is long gone so I think it's not inappropriate to ask

ReputationRep:
    Hi hi, I applied for it as well. Not expecting to get it because of the competitiveness, and the fact that I think there're specific/unstated requirements for awardees. It's my only chance to study at Oxford Let us know if you get it, and wish you best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhiwei)
    Thank you and best of luck to you too. My family can actually afford my undergraduate at Oxford using nearly all of my parents' savings. But compared to your situation, I think it's very unlikely for me to get it...
    You never know, because I think the criteria to be awarded is not solely restricted to financial need (and they determine financial need based on current earnings anyway, not total savings). When you look at the profiles of Mr and Mrs Li, art is actually something they are personally interested in and committed to So, I'd say, don't give up hope and I will be happy for you if you do get it.

For myself, I wrote a bit about my passion for Global Citizenry and Big Data, and it was an incredible dream in the first place that I managed to get an offer for the Human Sciences. But it is hard for international students to pay the fees (understandably so), and sometimes you accept that some doors close because of socio-economic reasons. It's kind of like a 'so near yet so far' story.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.