Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I sent my UCAS application to MMU two months ago and, I might just be stressing out a bit, but surely they should have gotten back to me by now, right?

I have noticed MMU seem to take longer than the average university to reply - I've seen their representatives say the waiting time can be as long as 4 - 6 weeks. Friends and family of mine have received offers etc within days and, although I wouldn't say I'm worried, having to wait this long is rather stressful.

Has anyone else been waiting this long? Or waited longer and received a reply? If there was a large backlog would we get an email about it?

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE: STILL haven't heard back 10 days on from my original post. Is anyone else experiencing similar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarkMan48)
    UPDATE: STILL haven't heard back 10 days on from my original post. Is anyone else experiencing similar?
    Hi, I am in the same boat as you. I have been waiting 8 weeks now, I already have my UCAS points etc as I left college in 2013 however I am slightly under the mark in terms of points for the course I have applied for.

I contacted them and they said they would be unable to provide me with any timescales and that there may be delays in their response due to my UCAS points being slightly under.

Hopefully it will be sorted before April 5th when we have to register our interest in what accommodation we want to go for but it's not looking good..

ReputationRep:
    I just heard back from them on Tuesday, so no, you're not the only one who's had a long wait. I've read that unis are encouraged to reply by the end of March, even though they officially have until the start of May. So, April 2nd is the date I would start to panic (because who wants to be stressed on April Fools Day?) Hope you get the answer you want sooner or later!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your replies! I still haven't heard a reply, keep me updated!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.