Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HucktheForde)
    Wanted to post this under Politics subforum but its called UK politics instead and this is US politics so got no better place to post than this

start from 1:08

"Politicians make up phony numbers to make the president look good........ we probably have 25% unemployment rate ............I would be the greatest jobs producing president that god ever created"

What a humble and no-nonsense gentlemen.
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Around 5%
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    About 5.5%.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Trump is talking about the "real" unemployment rate, basically the economically inactive, not the government definition of unemployed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greatguy229)
    cant you read?

Lower unemployment = better economy.

This is a fact.
    Not true at all, the only time what you said would be true is if two completely identical countries existed (which they don't).
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    Trump is talking about the "real" unemployment rate, basically the economically inactive, not the government definition of unemployed.
    That's a borderline worthless statistic though, it can include everything from students, the disabled, those in early retirement and finally those who have given up seeking work. Without any sort of breakdown the statistic is completely useless.

ReputationRep:
    Thinking is for the gloopy ones, the omni ones use like inspiration and what bog sends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    That's a borderline worthless statistic though, it can include everything from students, the disabled, those in early retirement and finally those who have given up seeking work. Without any sort of breakdown the statistic is completely useless.
    OK, I shall narrow it down somewhat, most people when talking about the "real unemployed" are referring to those of working age who are not in work, not students, not in prison, not retired and are physically able to work. The approximately 5% figure that many nations state simply refers to the % of the population that claim out of work benefits, something that in my view is a terrible count of who is unemployed
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    OK, I shall narrow it down somewhat, most people when talking about the "real unemployed" are referring to those of working age who are not in work, not students, not in prison, not retired and are physically able to work. The approximately 5% figure that many nations state simply refers to the % of the population that claim out of work benefits, something that in my view is a terrible count of who is unemployed
    % on unempoyment benefits is just one method among many, it feeds into the statistic, but is by no means the sole measure.

https://www.boundless.com/economics/...ate-391-12488/

http://www.bls.gov/cps/cps_htgm.htm#where

Some people think that to get these figures on unemployment, the government uses the number of people collecting unemployment insurance (UI) benefits under state or federal government programs. But some people are still jobless when their benefits run out, and many more are not eligible at all or delay or never apply for benefits. So, quite clearly, UI information cannot be used as a source for complete information on the number of unemployed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    % on unempoyment benefits is just one method among many, it feeds into the statistic, but is by no means the sole measure.

https://www.boundless.com/economics/...ate-391-12488/

http://www.bls.gov/cps/cps_htgm.htm#where

Some people think that to get these figures on unemployment, the government uses the number of people collecting unemployment insurance (UI) benefits under state or federal government programs. But some people are still jobless when their benefits run out, and many more are not eligible at all or delay or never apply for benefits. So, quite clearly, UI information cannot be used as a source for complete information on the number of unemployed.
    The fact of the matter remains, that if someone does not apply for state assistance and does not have a job, the government will not include them in the unemployment statistics. Then there is the whole underemployed issue.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    The fact of the matter remains, that if someone does not apply for state assistance and does not have a job, the government will not include them in the unemployment statistics. Then there is the whole underemployed issue.
    Did you miss the links I posted that stated that is not the case at all? They use surveys, among other tools. Not just reporting data from who has or has not claimed benefits.

Unemployment is an issue, as is underemployment, but you don't help things by lying about statistics. Claiming 25% of people are unemployed, and that this is a problem that needs to be fixed is misleading and wrong. It does nothing to resolve the situation, and instead leads to a debate about the facts of the statement, not the possible solution to a different problem.

ReputationRep:
    Sean Hannity and Donald Trump in the same room. :afraid::nothing: The electorate (well some) are stupid, so he knows he can get away with making up stats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    Sean Hannity and Donald Trump in the same room. :afraid::nothing: The electorate (well some) are stupid, so he knows he can get away with making up stats.
    No you stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Not true at all, the only time what you said would be true is if two completely identical countries existed (which they don't).
    No its true.

The lowwr the unemployment the better it is for an economy.

Whch economy is better? One with 95% of labour in work or one with 35% of labour in work?

Exactly mate. Dont try to outsmart a genius.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greatguy231)
    No you stupid.
    Not as stupid as you

ReputationRep:
    Not as stupid as you
    I have an iq of 200. Can you even count to 200? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    That's good to hear. Some sources say North Korea has an unemployment rate of roughly between 4.1 and 4.6%. Think you should move to North Korea

http://www.theglobaleconomy.com/Nort...ployment_rate/
    http://www.tradingeconomics.com/nort...mployment-rate
    http://ieconomics.com/north-korea-unemployment-rate
    Yeah but north korea is a dictatorship mate. They are am exception.

ReputationRep:
    I have an iq of 200. Can you even count to 200? :rolleyes:
    No I can't, unfortunately; I can only count up to 10. :rolleyes:

"I have an iq of 200" :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    No I can't, unfortunately; I can only count up to 10. :rolleyes:

"I have an iq of 200" :rofl:
    Well at least you can count p to your iq lol.

Seriously I do have iq of 200.

I do work for naza and everything.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm i googled what you said and it opened my eyes. So you are right, labour department doesnt go home to home to check employment because that would take too long and too much effort. The unemployment rate is just around 10%. It was highest at 17% during the recession, not 25%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HucktheForde)
    Wanted to post this under Politics subforum but its called UK politics instead and this is US politics so got no better place to post than this

start from 1:08

"Politicians make up phony numbers to make the president look good........ we probably have 25% unemployment rate ............I would be the greatest jobs producing president that god ever created"

What a humble and no-nonsense gentlemen.
    If you add those who are unemployed with those who have been removed from official stats because they didn't search enough, those on *****y part-time/0 hour contracts, and the working poor, I bet you have 25% of the active population - perhaps even more. These people certainly don't believe the official stats of 5.5%, and they like Donald Trump.

ReputationRep:
    He's the only one who genuinely opposes illegal immigration other candidates like Rubio have spent their careers deceiving Conservative voters into believing they're fighting it when they actually support it.

ReputationRep:
    Well at least you can count p to your iq lol.

Seriously I do have iq of 200.

I do work for naza and everything.
    In NASA's front office because NASA aggressively tracked you down after getting your 1st in economics right?

Please ignore this troll now. He hasn't a clue about economics or anything for that matter.

He is also trolling the thread the discusses today's beheading of a toddler in Russia....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.