Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hello all

    So I have a question. I went to uni previously and was on the old fee system.
    I was pressured quite heavily into going (and staying) and being young and stupid and not know what I wanted from life I studied art.
    I knew it was a stupid decision at the time but I spent far to much time listening to the advice of people I thought knew better than me.
    I completed the first year, resat the second and completely flunked (meaning I was there for three years in total)

    The only thing is, now I know what I want to do, which is to work in emergency (as either a paramedic or a nurse)
    Only by the time I've got my qualifications in order to be a nurse they will have stopped NHS funding. I know st George's hospital (which is only down the road from me) trains paramedics on a two year foundation degree course which I'm thinking might be the better option

    I'm just not sure what I would do about funding, assuming that even though I don't have a degree I still had three years of finance... Meaning I qualify for nothing

    I don't even know how to start considering how I'll find this
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Justacceptthis

    For 2016/2017 starters, the NHS funding is still available. This is also an exceptions course if you are eligible for the NHS bursary so you will be able to get funding, even if you have had 3 years previous study.

    If you were starting in the following years, availability of funding has not been confirmed yet.

    It may be advisable to contact the University you are looking to study through and maybe speak with one of the student advisers.


University open days

  1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.