Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What's the best laptop I can help recommend to my friend?
    I told him desktop> but his adamant on a laptop.

Budget is £350-400 maximum, which is not a lot what I told him.

Uses: web surfing + office applications.

Any recommendations? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    What's the best laptop I can help recommend to my friend?
    I told him desktop> but his adamant on a laptop.

Budget is £350-400 maximum, which is not a lot what I told him.

Uses: web surfing + office applications.

Any recommendations? :puppyeyes:
    His usage is basic, having a laptop won't be the end of the world.

But yeah, I would go for this Lenovo. A 5th gen Core i5 and 4GB of RAM is plenty for standard tasks, and an SSD will make the laptop feel much snappier when booting up and loading programs. If they need mass storage too, pick up a 1TB portable hard drive for £40-£50 on Amazon and use that for holding documents and media. If they say they want more internal storage, I would get this Lenovo instead, which trades the SSD for a conventional 1TB hard drive and a slightly newer processor.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.