Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Men who ignore good girls, then later feel entitled to them are SUPREME HYPOCRITES!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Please show me at which point I addressed all men or even all women. I did not. I am specifically addressing the 'men who' do what I described in my OP.
    "No it's not satire unfortunately. I'm a female who is sick of men my own age not appreciating me and saying things like: 'you're such a good girl, you'll make a good wife - one day!' and 'I'm not ready yet' and 'But I want to see other women'. And seeing them come crawling back after a few years after lonely well I'm sorry I don't want them!"

Addressing men very broadly without qualifiers there.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I never said all men were like that at all. I was specifically addressing 'men who' do this.

But yes you are right that is the more open minded way of looking at it. I suppose I'm just sick and tired of it and these men continue to offend me deeply. But all I can do is stay out of their way as you say.
    I know it narrows your choice in the present, but at least you have control as you already appreciate.

There are plenty of people who do not behave in this way. You just need to go out and find them and ignore the others.

Don't forget, when some of these guy's finally decide to settle and you are on their radar screen as 'wifey' material, you are in control and can reject them. Their loss.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    You talk such utter crap.

Firstly, your first comment is just silly. If someone has slept around with 8 other women in the last year and has an STD, others have told you that they are very promiscuous and so on, that is fantastic empirical evidence that they are likely to be those things. And it really need not be that severe for that to happen.

The problem is you never know if they have "settled down". Many men go around claiming to want 'love' and the rest of it and only be in a relationship for sex, or maybe a little more, but no serious intentions and they themselves don't commit to it. You're right in that in these cases the girls need to recognise this, be the woman and leave. But they don't always. Why does the OP in these circumstances not have a right to judge the men in such relationships?

Finally, that's absolute tosh. Of course she has the right to judge how a person lives their life. What a simplistic and childish thing to say. How do you think the law is defined? Who makes it up and on what basis? Ethics! And that means it need not be perfect at any given time hence she should judge others with ethics. I know plenty of objective ***** that are not criminals.
    I read the first sentence and now am exercising my right to ignore anything you say. You just wasted your time writing whatever it was you wrote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    I read the first sentence and now am exercising my right to ignore anything you say. You just wasted your time writing whatever it was you wrote.
    Well at least it makes you look like a fool.

Even if I am over-emotive :P

ReputationRep:
    Girls use the word "entitled" way too much these days...

Anyway, guys want to sleep with many hot girls. Good for them? If they're not lying about their intentions, what's your problem? girls sleep with them knowing full well what kind of guys they are. Why not complain about girls?

Notice the above only works for hot guys or rich hot guys or rich hot famous guys or a combination of those things. The average guy is not more sexually active than the average girl - probably far less given how underreported girls' sexual exploits are.

(Original post by stefano865)
    I agree. Although it obviously works both ways.

The loyal, kind people are often ignored and left behind.

The difference for men is that they can grow up in their 40s and still get married and have children etc. More women are ending up without the life they want because of this slow maturation of men.

Can I assume you are one of these 'good girls' then?

I think yes while men can have an extra 10 years or so to have children I think the quality of mate they can attract more often times than not reduces significantly in the 40s so their only hope is to accumulate some wealth which does nothing really as it will only attract a (slightly) younger woman who loves his money and financial stability but not him as a human being i.e. a gold digger as I stated in my OP.

(Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    You want my condolences?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't know how you jumped to that conclusion from what I said really. Just pointing out that immature & horny people want to be with other immature & horny people, simply put.
    I'm sorry, my mistake for not understanding what you first wrote. I interpreted it as you saying I and the type of men I described in my OP were birds of a feather.

Addressing men very broadly without qualifiers there.
    The qualifier is men who act and think the way I described in my OP. But yes you are right I shouldn't address men broadly as I did in that particular post. And whilst I've many dealings with men in my own life who do act this way, I do not think by any means that all men act like this or that men who act this way represent men as a whole.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, my mistake for not understanding what you first wrote. I interpreted it as you saying I and the type of men I described in my OP were birds of a feather.
    Ah okay, nah, I mean them and the girls they go off with.

I assume they only acted in a certain way, acted mature, and that's what attracted you to them.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just to clarify, I mean mature as in not afraid of responsibility or something along those lines.

ReputationRep:
    I think yes while men can have an extra 10 years or so to have children I think the quality of mate they can attract more often times than not reduces significantly in the 40s so their only hope is to accumulate some wealth which does nothing really as it will only attract a (slightly) younger woman who loves his money and financial stability but not him as a human being i.e. a gold digger as I stated in my OP.

True.

So are you a 'good girl'?

Have you really been unable to find a man who values your qualities?

Maybe for the most that's the case. Especially most attractive men.

Not for me though. I'm 20, never been in a relationship and the main reason for that is because I have little interest in random casual sex instead I'd rather my partner be my best friend and I've just not found anyone that I've got on well enough with yet so nothing has ever progressed. Basically I need a good girl.

I'd dated a couple of good girls but for whatever reason me and them just haven't clicked. Mostly because even though benevolence is the most important personality trait in a person they still have to have a damn life outside of their studies and not be utterly boring... These two didn't and weren't so it still didn't work :L

I've also dated well meaning girls who were very insecure. That's a waste of time. Never going to do that again.
    I don't think looks have much to do with this kind of behaviour to be honest. I've met men of all looks, heights and backgrounds that had this kind of attitude. And known some very attractive guys who are not like this at all.

I'm in my 20s also yet to have a relationship. I wish you good luck and hope you find what you are looking for, a nice girl with a bit of passion it seems

Yes you are right both are hypocrites. However, I am calling men out specifically here because it's far more common to be honest for a guy to expect a pure, wholesome woman to settle down with, when he doesn't deserve one. I've never once in my life heard a woman want or demand a pure man.
    The demand is slightly different I guess, a girl would ask for man who's loyal, earns good money, won't leave her etc etc. As opposed to men she may sleep with when younger, who were perhaps players or just plain arses (but happened to be hot/exciting).

I have no problem with you calling them out though. I hate people who think they deserve a partner like that when they're such hypocrites.

(Original post by stefano865)
    True.

So are you a 'good girl'?

Have you really been unable to find a man who values your qualities?
    Yeah I've never had a boyfriend and I'm in my 20s! I'm just too nice (although I know I don't appear to be in these posts, I confess that I was angry) and not exciting enough for most guys my age in my circles I think. Plus I'm a teetotal with no night-life (though I get up to lots during the day) or social media so I think most people see it as boring or even freakish. But just generally being good and sweet has no appeal it seems. What tends to happen is a guy sleep with lots girls and come back to me when he's ready for a relationship, I've even had 2 reformed men propose to me from church. When I wrote about putting girls on the shelf that's exactly what I meant as they usually try to keep me around at arms length as an orbiter and it's so selfish in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    The demand is slightly different I guess, a girl would ask for man who's loyal, earns good money, won't leave her etc etc. As opposed to men she may sleep with when younger, who were perhaps players or just plain arses (but happened to be hot/exciting).

I have no problem with you calling them out though. I hate people who think they deserve a partner like that when they're such hypocrites.

That is why open relationships are becoming more popular.

The best of both worlds.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've never had a boyfriend and I'm in my 20s! I'm just too nice (although I know I don't appear to be in these posts, I confess that I was angry) and not exciting enough for most guys my age in my circles I think. Plus I'm a teetotal with no night-life (though I get up to lots during the day) or social media so I think most people see it as boring or even freakish. But just generally being good and sweet has no appeal it seems. What tends to happen is a guy sleep with lots girls and come back to me when he's ready for a relationship, I've even had 2 reformed men propose to me from church. When I wrote about putting girls on the shelf that's exactly what I meant as they usually try to keep me around at arms length as an orbiter and it's so selfish in my opinion.
    Darling, it definitely isn't that you're too nice. That can only be a good thing - an attractive trait for most men. I'm pretty sure it is the other things. I'm tee-total who cannot stand night-life or social media, so, I can understand where you're coming from there and I'm pretty sure it's mostly that.

I mean, look, why would someone date you? Not be in a committed relationship with you, but ask to date you? Eh? hat opportunities do you put yourself in to be presented with such a situation? You need to take the initiative to infatuate that I'd say. Maybe you're just holding back.

Or like myself, maybe you've just been unfortunate and not found anyone right yet.

ReputationRep:
    I think you are entitled, being a 'nice girl' does not mean men should like you, Being a nice person is a basic requirement! I think you are just bitter because all of the rough and 'bad' girls got the best of both worlds and you've been sold a lie about how good girls do better later in life (that was invented by losers sorry).

ReputationRep:
    Oh so I suppose by that logic then everyone who gets hurt or trampled on deserves it because 'birds of a feather and all that'.

Who broke your heart luv? You need to calm down, there are lots of very good men out there. Maybe you appear reserved and not a very out going person but there are still lotta knights in shining armour out there. You just need to make yourself be seen.

Whoever caused you to open this thread doesn't deserve you.

Btw. How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    I think you are entitled, being a 'nice girl' does not mean men should like you, Being a nice person is a basic requirement! I think you are just bitter because all of the rough and 'bad' girls got the best of both worlds and you've been sold a lie about how good girls do better later in life (that was invented by losers sorry).

Agree with some of that.

Being 'nice' is really a bare minimum requirement not an exceptional quality.

ReputationRep:

You do sound nice.

But...

Two things.

1. I think what you are lacking is respect from guys.

2. You need to be stronger in personality to get people interested in you.

You don't want a man to see you as 'good wife material'. You want him to see you as a great woman. Somebody equal that he can share his life with.

I think you need to have a bit more bite. Be sweet when you are actually in a relationship with a guy. Before that be challenging, interesting and unafraid of upsetting him. Be kind but also strong and opinionated.

You don't have to change your values but I think you need to realise that we ultimately get what we ask for, not what we deserve.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not feminist, I'm actually a non-feminist female myself. If I was a feminist I would not believe there was such a thing as a 'good girl', or a 'gold digger' etc.

So try again.
    Woah there calm down! I was just saying it sounded like something a feminist might say. Good on you for not being one of those nutjobs though!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.