Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have been accepted to BsC Management few weeks ago but I cannot stop thinking about switching to International Management. I am mainly interested in the option of studying/working abroad.

I know that the courses have the same subjects, does that mean I'll study with the Management students (I know that there are ony a few students who are accepted to IM)?

Would you say that studying IM is worth the money spent on living abroad, or is it a waste of time and It would be better to stick with Management?

I have already asked the school about switching and it would be possible. Now they want me to confirm the transfer but I am hesitant to do so.

Which course do you think I should go with?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    You can study abroad in Europe on the BSc Management degree (via the Erasmus scheme), so unless you want to go to Canada or Chile, there's not much point switching.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for replying!

Do you know if I would be guaranteed to study abroad if I chose International Management? I was thinking about going to Canada but if there was a possibility of actually not going anywhere, I might rethink that..
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Pia972)
    Thank you for replying!

Do you know if I would be guaranteed to study abroad if I chose International Management? I was thinking about going to Canada but if there was a possibility of actually not going anywhere, I might rethink that..
    It says here "In your third year you are guaranteed a study exchange with a partner institute outside of the UK. You will be taught in English. Alternatively you can choose to work or combine both study and work over the 12-month period. We are unable to secure work placements for you but offer support to help you find your own."

So yes, you are guaranteed a place abroad but not in North America.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pia972)
    Hi,

I have been accepted to BsC Management few weeks ago but I cannot stop thinking about switching to International Management. I am mainly interested in the option of studying/working abroad.

I know that the courses have the same subjects, does that mean I'll study with the Management students (I know that there are ony a few students who are accepted to IM)?

Would you say that studying IM is worth the money spent on living abroad, or is it a waste of time and It would be better to stick with Management?

I have already asked the school about switching and it would be possible. Now they want me to confirm the transfer but I am hesitant to do so.

Which course do you think I should go with?
    Hey, you're looking to change course, thats great! I would reccomend the IM course as well. I think it'll open up a lot of doors and opportunities for you. Im looking to change courses too, could you give me the email on which you spoke to warwick about this? thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.