The Student Room Group

Can I resit my Maths GCSE?

I need some help here. I've applied for some apprenticeships but I don't think they'll make me resit my maths GCSE however I'm not sure how to do this if they're not supplying me with it. I really, really want to retake it and get a C so not retaking it isn't an option for me. What do I do? I'm 16 years old will I have to pay to do it?
I struggled with maths a lot... In fact it took me 6 years to pass it from leaving school (I am now 20, and on a degree) I passed my maths last year. You can either do functional skills level 2, in which you can go to various centers to do it. Maybe try a college that will just allow you to do a GCSE Maths. Sometimes schools will actually let you resit the paper too.
Reply 2
Original post by urbanlocations
I struggled with maths a lot... In fact it took me 6 years to pass it from leaving school (I am now 20, and on a degree) I passed my maths last year. You can either do functional skills level 2, in which you can go to various centers to do it. Maybe try a college that will just allow you to do a GCSE Maths. Sometimes schools will actually let you resit the paper too.

would A-Levels or university accept someone functional skills maths?
Original post by thecatlady
would A-Levels or university accept someone functional skills maths?

Universities do accept functional skills yes, so I should think that A- levels would. It depends what you want to study at University have a look on a few websites when the uni say 'equivalent' it means at functional skills level 2

Quick Reply

Latest