Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    Hi I'm a 4th year medical student undertaking an intercalated year currently. I am doing a research project within cardiology.

    I am looking to apply for research bursaries for this. To clarify I am looking for a bursary to fund my living expenses during the research, not research funding - the project is already fully funded.

    Does anyone know where I could find a list of all the available undergraduate research bursaries? I have been looking online.. at money4medstudents and similar but can only really find a list of bursaries for electives. I know there's plenty of these research bursaries out there, I'm just struggling to find them. I would appreciate any tips/advice.


    I haven't heard of bursaries that specifically pay medical students' living expenses while they intercalate. You should probably try the websites of the Royal College of Physicians, Royal Society of Medicine, British Medical Association, Medical Research Council, Wellcome Trust, and any specialist cardiology organisations/charities. Research fellowships certainly exist for graduates wanting to pursue research but it might be a bit of an uphill battle as an undergraduate...
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.