Hey, I've received an offer for a summer internship at a major retail bank, they want me to verbally accept tomorrow. However I still have other applications in process, ones which I would much prefer, if given a straight choice. I have a couple of questions for anyone who has been in a similar situation:
1. If I were to accept and then reject the retail bank (i.e. I get a better offer) will I be blacklisted from said retail bank? Do companies share this sort of information with each other?
2. How should I go about a potential rejection, phone or email?
3. Apparently location isn't decided until April, could I demand to be in a preferable location/department within my role? First question is the most important Thanks for all your help!
Turn on thread page Beta
Reneging a verbal acceptance for a retail bank watch
- Thread Starter
- 29-02-2016 16:14
- 29-02-2016 18:37
did the sake, reneged on a signed contract offer and they were very friendly and understanding.
doubt you'd get black listed, would advise you give them a call, explain your situation and thank them for the opportunity, make it very personable to HR because they're the ones that'll usually have to deal with the flack.