What Uni courses could I possibly go into?

Watch
Lucekelly15
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm doing Chemistry with a target grade B, Art/Photography with a target grade A and IT (Information Computer Technology) with a target grade A.
I'm also doing Welsh Bac but thinking of dropping it.
I've looked into environmental chemistry (which I've wanted to do for a while) but I am really looking into using the IT and art/photography a levels to get me into a more creative course, I have a passion for photography and I love editing videos.
Thanks
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lucekelly15)
I'm doing Chemistry with a target grade B, Art/Photography with a target grade A and IT (Information Computer Technology) with a target grade A.
I'm also doing Welsh Bac but thinking of dropping it.
I've looked into environmental chemistry (which I've wanted to do for a while) but I am really looking into using the IT and art/photography a levels to get me into a more creative course, I have a passion for photography and I love editing videos.
Thanks
Have a look at http://university.which.co.uk/a-leve...tography?o=021 (and click through to the various matches)

If you love photography and videos then something along the lines of photography or film seems pretty ideal...although if you want something more relevant to your ICT background then animation or something like http://aub.ac.uk/courses/ba/visual-e...gn-production/ might suit you better.

With all of these do your research - for photography courses range from the equivalent of fine art to commercial/fashion focused courses, film ranges from film studies (essentially english lit but studying film instead of novels/poems) to very practical film production, animation in some universities if very technical and IT driven while in others the focus is more on storyboarding/physical/drawing techniques.

It's important to decide which sort of course (and with a lot of these courses the career they're likely to lead straight onto) is the sort of thing that interests you.

If you're not quite sure but know you want to do *something* creative then a foundation diploma in art and design (you can chose diplomas with a focus on media) might be worthwhile doing before choosing a final degree choice. A lot of arts universities (UCA, AUB and UAL) offer a foundation diploma with guaranteed progression onto a degree course which gives you a good backup if this is something you'd be interested in.
User1333171
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This course: https://www.falmouth.ac.uk/mnhphotography looks like a pretty good way to combine the environment and photography (assuming that your interest in environmental chemistry means that you're into nature/the environment in general).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (54)
16.98%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.62%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (119)
37.42%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (43)
13.52%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.46%

Watched Threads