Turn on thread page Beta

Woman brandishes childs severed head in Moscow watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luminarychild)
    So you have elaborated on this yet you still say a majority of these savage acts come from muslims? :wtf:
    This sentence does not appear to make sense...

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, there are nutters everywhere.
    Religions are what people make them, not some sort of entirely homogeneous construct which is massively confounded by other factors.
    Need to actually talk to the person to establish the reason.

(Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Are you joking? I can't tell if you're being serious or mocking what people tend to say
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Clearly mockery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    This sentence does not appear to make sense...
    You don't make sense

"Why does the majority of this level of savagery come from muslims?"

Proceeds to explain in detail about non muslims commiting simiar acts..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Disgusting.

If you want the answer to this you'll need to read the Quran. I'm sorry Muslims it has to be said, the Quran and Sunnah are both extremely graphic and utterly barbaric. The Quran has 109 verses promoting violence towards non-muslims and the Sunnah describes in great detail how their prophet (peace be upon him and all that stuff) committed multiple genocides including that of his own tribe. It even goes as far as stating explicitly that their prophet did this because his victims didn't have the same religious beliefs as him.

Now I don't have a problem with Muslims as people, but I do have a problem with these horrible books which do nothing but encourage the mass murder of innocent people. It's true that these books also have some nice messages in them as well. But for me the hatred embedded within them far outweighs their more pleasant/humane teachings. You can believe whatever you like, so long as you temper those beliefs with reason and ethics.
    PRSOM

I couldn't have articulated my own position any better.

ReputationRep:
    I conisdered the islamophobic media stance but it simply does not stack up for the below reasons:

1) I clearly remember them reporting two beheadings by non muslims.. one was commited on an elderely Italian woman in London whom the perpetrator beheaded a cat and then her.

Another happened in Tenerife i believe, a man walked into a shop with a knife from the butchers and beheaded a woman at random.

Both cases were huge news stories here in the UK.

Therefore, i remain pretty convinced that the media are not suppressing brutal attacks like my OP due to "Islamophobia"

Which then begs the question, why are Muslims so disproportionately represented in these types of brutally incomprehensible crime? Even more concerning when you consider they make up a tiny fraction of the population in Europe and the west?
    Beheddings are a Islamic country thing, sure. Say someone from a different group would simply stab a person in the chest.
    But there is nothing to say that an Islamic person is more likely to harm another person than say, a Christian person. Especially if you take into account things like societal and educational factors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luminarychild)
    You don't make sense

"Why does the majority of this level of savagery come from muslims?"

Proceeds to explain in detail about non muslims commiting simiar acts..
    I see the confusion. Majority does not mean every and all.

Hope that makes sense now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Disgusting.

If you want the answer to this you'll need to read the Quran. I'm sorry Muslims it has to be said, the Quran and Sunnah are both extremely graphic and utterly barbaric. The Quran has 109 verses promoting violence towards non-muslims and the Sunnah describes in great detail how their prophet (peace be upon him and all that stuff) committed multiple genocides including that of his own tribe. It even goes as far as stating explicitly that their prophet did this because his victims didn't have the same religious beliefs as him.

Now I don't have a problem with Muslims as people, but I do have a problem with these horrible books which do nothing but encourage the mass murder of innocent people. It's true that these books also have some nice messages in them as well. But for me the hatred embedded within them far outweighs their more pleasant/humane teachings. You can believe whatever you like, so long as you temper those beliefs with reason and ethics.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    What's the Sunnah? Do you mean the Ahadith?
    Some (dare I say most) of those are ******** and not true, made up or lost in interpretation (like Chinese whispers) throughout History. That's why there's people out there who filter them out and take out the stuff that makes sense chronologically and originate from reliable people. However in the major sect of Islam, Sunni Islam, all Ahadith - made up or not - are taken as solid fact and all are true and valid and must be followed - resulting in extremism and incidents such as these. Think about it, a guy who was close friends with the prophet (pbuh) fell out with him over something and decided to twist his words as a means to get revenge by saying he did something he didn't do. Rumour circles around to many people who pass it down to their kids and write it down etc. Modern Muslims take this as true because - fell he was the prophet's friend so must be true right? Shia Muslims look at the origin of the story, the take of the prophet and other people who know him on the story, different accounts and the dates they were published, and THEN decide whether this was true or not. They don't dismiss it like that because it gives you an idea of who was lying in the chain of events and whether this impacts the validity of accounts of other events if said person was involved in them. And that's how we determine whether the prophet really did commit any of those crimes. This is why I'm Muslim, I may be stupid, but I'm not stupid enough to make a murderer/ pedophile my role model.
    But let's not make this about Islam. Let's make this about the child and their family who deserve justice for what was done to them by these savages

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    Honestly, there are nutters everywhere.
    Religions are what people make them, not some sort of entirely homogeneous construct which is massively confounded by other factors.
    Need to actually talk to the person to establish the reason.
    In the face of such disproportional over representation... We would do well to try and understand the link between the two unless we are going with "its just a coincidence" stance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    Beheddings are a Islamic country thing, sure. Say someone from a different group would simply stab a person in the chest.
    But there is nothing to say that an Islamic person is more likely to harm another person than say, a Christian person. Especially if you take into account things like societal and educational factors.
    I see. This is the sort of direction I wanted the discussion to progress. So its more a cultural / religious link?

What is it that drives this link and what is the significance behind beheading? Its a pretty hideous thing to do, most humans would not be able to carry out such barbarous acts. There is a distinct difference between plunging a knife into someones chest and beheading somebody even though both acts will usually be fatal

ReputationRep:
    HOLD UP she BURNED THEIR APARTMENT DOWN AS WELL?!?!?

Nahhhhhhhhhhh someone bring the death penalty back plz

ReputationRep:
    I see. This is the sort of direction I wanted the discussion to progress. So its more a cultural / religious link?

What is it that drives this link and what is the significance behind beheading? Its a pretty hideous thing to do, most humans would not be able to carry out such barbarous acts. There is a distinct difference between plunging a knife into someones chest and beheading somebody
    What about the guillotine? used by the French? and the Halifax Gibbet (earlier version of guillotine) used by the English in like the 16th century?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    :nothing: :puke: :puke:

And inb4 "this had nothing to do with Islam" even though she's wearing a burkha and said "Allahu Akbar".
    it has more to do with mental health issues if anything.

Did you even read the article? or other articles about the story?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    What about the guillotine? used by the French? and the Halifax Gibbet (earlier version of guillotine) used by the English in like the 16th century?
    16th Century...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    What's the Sunnah? Do you mean the Ahadith?
    Some (dare I say most) of those are ******** and not true, made up or lost in interpretation (like Chinese whispers) throughout History. That's why there's people out there who filter them out and take out the stuff that makes sense chronologically and originate from reliable people. However in the major sect of Islam, Sunni Islam, all Ahadith - made up or not - are taken as solid fact and all are true and valid and must be followed - resulting in extremism and incidents such as these. Think about it, a guy who was close friends with the prophet (pbuh) fell out with him over something and decided to twist his words as a means to get revenge by saying he did something he didn't do. Rumour circles around to many people who pass it down to their kids and write it down etc. Modern Muslims take this as true because - fell he was the prophet's friend so must be true right? Shia Muslims look at the origin of the story, the take of the prophet and other people who know him on the story, different accounts and the dates they were published, and THEN decide whether this was true or not. They don't dismiss it like that because it gives you an idea of who was lying in the chain of events and whether this impacts the validity of accounts of other events if said person was involved in them. And that's how we determine whether the prophet really did commit any of those crimes. This is why I'm Muslim, I may be stupid, but I'm not stupid enough to make a murderer/ pedophile my role model.
    But let's not make this about Islam. Let's make this about the child and their family who deserve justice for what was done to them by these savages
    Well actually it is entirely to do with Islam since the woman in question clearly did it for what she thought to be Allah's will. Besides, many other historical texts from the time back up the Sunnah. Then there's the fact that up until recently it's been a source of pride for many Muslims...

I respect those Muslims who acknowledge the barbarity of these books and who are pushing for a reformed Islam, but not those apologists who try to brush incidents like this under the rug of "not all Muslims." You should really look at fixing the problem rather than avoiding it. In fact, while it's not all Muslims it is in fact the majority of them according to various surveys done on the extent of Islamic extremism in Britain.

I'm sorry it's not what you want to hear. But unless someone points it out and something is done about it, both your people and mine will continue to suffer from the actions of these fanatics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manutd fc2)

Did you even read my post? I said that it has something to do with Islam, not that mental health issues played no role.

ReputationRep:
    Leukocyte tried to quote you but couldn't. What's the source for the statement you made?

ReputationRep:

Yes, it's a convenient way to cover up the fact that she did it based on religious views. The fact is she shouted "Allahu Ackbar," so it's pretty darn obvious what her motives were.

ReputationRep:
    i did and ur post seemed like one of those moronic bandwagon rep wanting posts which intend to put all if not most of the blame on muslims.
    Well it seems you've made your own moronic inferences as my post neither said nor implied such a thing.

ReputationRep:
    She calmly walks through the street in a burka holding a childs severed head shouting Allah akbar. It appears she was a nanny.

Why does the majority of this level of savagery come from muslims? It seems to me either the media do not report a significant number of similar acts of violence by non muslims or that there is a very clear and strong link between Islam and this level of brutality.

There is the uncensored video out there which i obviously wont post here incase people think there is some spin to this.

So are there mass numbers of beheadings, lone wolfs and organised that simply go unreported by the news or do these acts for some reason seem to come majorly from Islamic adherents?

Thoughts?

http://news.sky.com/story/1650731/wo...head-in-moscow
    But if it was a white man doing this yours would say 'lonewolf' 'mentally ill' etc.

ReputationRep:
    why do they say "ALLAH HU AKBAR" when committing such vile and appalling crimes????????????? RIP little one, God is watching. xx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2016
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.