Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leavingthecity)
    I know but....the subject at hand!!!!

I'm new here can't you tell.
    sorry sorry x'D
    welcome to The Student Room hope you have a nice stay

ReputationRep:
    Ok this just disgusts me. I'am a Muslim, who was learning Russian and was in love with their culture, language and literature. This not only breaks every rule in humanity, but every rule in any religion that I know of. Butchering a child and holding her poor head is the most disgusting thing I have seen. I hope she gets the most horrible life and punishment. My thoughts and prayers with the family, I pray that God strengthens them at this terrible time

I really can't take this anymore...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greatguy231)
    But if it was a white man doing this yours would say 'lonewolf' 'mentally ill' etc.
    Maybe if the white man said something like "al-whitie ackbar" in the process he could be linked to some sort of ideology, otherwise...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Numerous bystanders and eye witnesses reported her shouting Allah ackbar. She is also wearing what i believe is a "Chador" a form of traditional Islamic dress.
    Yeah, so I think it's a little early to assume she's a Muslim and use that as a basis to attack Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    ... you said

were they not human in the 16th century?

idk why it's in practice in the modern day though. Though is it any different to execution by the electric chair which was last used in 2013? Which is still legalised in some states in America? not defending it though - both are disgusting methods of ending lives.
    Ahh yes of course they where human but death violence and bloodshed where much more common then. Perhaps desensitised to it all. Which raises a question..

Is the violent nature of many parts of the Islamic world due to the population being desensitised to that level of violence and barbarity? Is it a case of chicken and the egg?

Turning the electric chair on and sawing someones head off are so far apart on barbarity scale its not even close. (And thats not including the apparent guilt of the electric chair victim to a child or random civilian)

You would have to watch a couple of beheading videos to see exactly what i mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    I think its more to do with time, Christianity has had far longer to adjust itself to life in a moderate, democratic society. Look back a couple of centuries and it was just as bad as Islam, if not worse. Hell we used to burn people at the stake and crucify them as recently as the 1500's.

Even now in the Bible belt and in Africa (two of the last bastions of fundamental christianity) girls are branded as witches and stoned, gays are murdered and children are beaten and punished according to religious doctrine.

So I think Islam has a serious problem at the moment, but its not a problem that's unique to its religion. It's a consequence of it being integrated into western culture at a far later date than other mainstream religions, and at a time where the west is actively persecuting muslims overseas.

Any Abrahamic religion, in its truest form, is incompatible with civilised society. This is because they follow religious rules and laws laid down when the world was far more volatile, and they have similar controlling tropes that try and increase the spread of its religion whilst punishing those who may want to abandon it.
    Great answer.. I knew TSR could have a good open discussion on a complex divisive issue

ReputationRep:
    Ahh yes of course they where human but death violence and bloodshed where much more common then. Perhaps desensitised to it all. Which raises a question..

Is the violent nature of many parts of the Islamic world due to the population being desensitised to that level of violence and barbarity? Is it a case of chicken and the egg?

Turning the electric chair on and sawing someones head off are so far apart on barbarity scale its not even close. (And thats not including the apparent guilt of the electric chair victim to a child or random civilian)

That is a good point, since that IS a warzone so maybe it's just an everyday thing to see so much blood and violence on a daily basis that it's considered 'normal'. Though I do have family from there (by there I mean Iraq), who have been through traumatic stuff like family members dying, seeing bombs explode in front of them etc but they feel just as disgusted/ upset by these news stories as I am or we are over here in this country. Maybe that's an individual thing?

I know it's different but I was talking as a method of execution. Fair point though - alot more blood involved. Apparently it's less painful though (according to wikipedia ) but I don't wanna check for myself.
    (Original post by wikipedia)
    If the headsman's axe or sword was sharp and his aim was precise, decapitation was quick and was presumed to be a relatively painless form of death.
    (Original post by http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/)
    The doctors wait a few seconds for the body to cool down and then check to see if the inmate's heart is still beating. If it is, another jolt is applied. This process continues until the prisoner is dead. The prisoner's hands often grip the chair and there may be violent movement of the limbs which can result in dislocation or fractures. The tissues swell. Defecation occurs. Steam or smoke rises and there is a smell of burning. The doctors wait a few seconds for the body to cool down and then check to see if the inmate's heart is still beating. If it is, another jolt is applied. This process continues until the prisoner is dead. The prisoner's hands often grip the chair and there may be violent movement of the limbs which can result in dislocation or fractures. The tissues swell. Defecation occurs. Steam or smoke rises and there is a smell of burning.
    yikes^

ReputationRep:
    Kills child shouting allahu akbar... What the **** is she on?!?! Absolutely mental. *****y people like this give people like Donald trump even more motive to give the rest of the Muslim population flak.

RIP kid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greatguy231)
    But if it was a white man doing this yours would say 'lonewolf' 'mentally ill' etc.
    One of the first posts that I agree with of you GG!!!!!

Rightly said!

ReputationRep:
    I hope some very painful things happen to her and that she dies a slow death.

RIP little girl

ReputationRep:

Yes, we see this playing out amongst black gangs in London. Whether they are first or second generation, something of the attitude that life is sometimes cheap, has come to this country. It's what people have experienced as the norm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    Yeah, so I think it's a little early to assume she's a Muslim and use that as a basis to attack Islam.
    Well, let's look at the information we have. An apparently Uzbekistani woman (a country which is 90% muslim), wearing very Islamic looking clothing, marching around holding a severed head and shouting "Allahu Akbar"....

... Yep, definitely a Wiccan. I called it.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/...dren/?view=all

Bringing Islam into it is irrelevant. Yes people have said this before, but it needs to be reiterated, they are not Muslims if you kill an innocent let alone a child!

The above link shows people who have killed their OWN children and were not Muslims... So to bring in religion is wrong when the murderer is clearly mentally unstable. Religion didn't tell her to kill, it was her unstable mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/...dren/?view=all

Bringing Islam into it is irrelevant. Yes people have said this before, but it needs to be reiterated, they are not Muslims if you kill an innocent let alone a child!

The above link shows people who have killed their OWN children and were not Muslims... So to bring in religion is wrong when the murderer is clearly mentally unstable. Religion didn't tell her to kill, it was her unstable mind.
    What?

The relation to Islam came out of her own mouth! Please.

ReputationRep:

I think the main thing that causes barbarity in the middle east is because it's all desert apart from a few little strips of land. Europe, trans-Himalayan Asia and America have vast breadbaskets, not that that has been a panacea against violence. At the same time it was a very densely populated area, probably inevitable as any human population leaving Africa would have to go through it. The violent nature of the Abrahamic scripture reflects this reality.

Of course it is true that Islam is the worst of them because uppermost in its culture has been the infallibility and immutability of the scripture, plus it never had a central religious authority like the Pope to interpret things in such a way as to cohere the Muslim world and defuse tensions.

Despite the propensity of Muslims to apply Islam rigidly, the religion is to me as much a symptom of the regional conditions as it is a cause. Even today the Arab Spring was by most accounts caused by crop failure.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by z33)
    no apostrophes in hashtags
    #IDon'tPlayByTheRules

ReputationRep:
    Omg ... I just found the actual video... :rip:

The video wasn't the worst what I saw....it was when the video finished what was suggested next in the video that made me :mob: and after viewing it I wanted to kill the person...It baffles me.... how? why? :wtf:

I don't think it would be a good idea to post the video.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leavingthecity)
    What?

The relation to Islam came out of her own mouth! Please.
    A mentally unstable person will use and say anything.

I think it's time you left the city already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    A mentally unstable person will use and say anything.

I think it's time you left the city already.
    What?

They won't actually, that's quite a generalisation.

Whatever was going on in her head, it was a partner in crime along with the savagery to found in the Quran.

And I think we may have different senses of humour...

ReputationRep:
    This could be fake tbh

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.