Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm 25 next month and still have no idea what to do with my life! I went to uni when i was 21 but i had to leave as my twin passed away and I got depression, i then took a year out and went back to uni at 23 but failed again because i didn't try my best and was always distracted with family stuff. Now i'm on a year out again, I have depression, i'm trying to find myself, i really want to go back to uni to do Biomedical Science but my Alevel grades are pretty rubbish E in Psychology, D in General studies, D in Applied Science and i have a BTEC in science at PPP. Last time i applied i got in through clearing both times.
    I don't know if i can go back to uni because i've used two years of student finance funding. I don't even think i'll get in to uni this time

What should I do?? Help !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlemissmaya)
    I'm 25 next month and still have no idea what to do with my life! I went to uni when i was 21 but i had to leave as my twin passed away and I got depression, i then took a year out and went back to uni at 23 but failed again because i didn't try my best and was always distracted with family stuff. Now i'm on a year out again, I have depression, i'm trying to find myself, i really want to go back to uni to do Biomedical Science but my Alevel grades are pretty rubbish E in Psychology, D in General studies, D in Applied Science and i have a BTEC in science at PPP. Last time i applied i got in through clearing both times.
    I don't know if i can go back to uni because i've used two years of student finance funding. I don't even think i'll get in to uni this time

What should I do?? Help !!
    If you've had 2 years funding already. Last I understood you'll be entitled for 2 more years funding. Speak to a university and ask about Foundation Degrees. Example: http://www2.gre.ac.uk/study/courses/fd/sci/b900

Should be suitable to land you a Lab Technician career.

EDIT: As below, and as anyone will say. Don't start a degree until you've spoken to a professional and sought guidance. No point risking going to university when you're still depressed.

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't already, please speak to a professional about your depression, then focus on your education. You're definitely not a failure at all, you can turn this around

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.