Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Dear All, law students or lawyers help is greatly needed. I am completing my PLR and finding it difficult to located the law involved (act/direction).
    My question involves an agency breaching its fiduciary duties and accepting a side deal without informing its client. I have located case law but cannot seem to find the legal basis of my argument. Anyone know of the law involved?
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by law_yer84)
    Dear All, law students or lawyers help is greatly needed. I am completing my PLR and finding it difficult to located the law involved (act/direction).
    My question involves an agency breaching its fiduciary duties and accepting a side deal without informing its client. I have located case law but cannot seem to find the legal basis of my argument. Anyone know of the law involved?
    As with any PLR you need to start with your record card.

Start with Halsbury's Laws (online) to define the terms, take care to read the footnotes if any.

Then use the definitions to search for the case law and/or statute.

If you've got some case law already, if you read through it on WestLaw, at the bottom after 'significant cases cited' etc there will be a list of legislation. If you also read the judgement and obiters the Bench will refer to appropriate statute there too which should get you a good footing.

Then have a sneaky look on Practical Law for 'fiduciary duties' and click around, there'll be some examples, precedents, or maybe even some questions from practitioners on exactly what you need.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.