Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is she with me when she acts like she doesn't care? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So me and my girlfriend had a few problems for a few months due to being very jealous, very protective and very obsessive. Also I found it hard to trust her. Anyways I've finally managed to overcome all that and now it really doesn't bother me what she does or whatever. Obviously there's still boundaries but I'm not as bad as I was.

I did give her the chance to call things off with me but she was absolutely sure she wanted to give things another go with me. The thing she doesn't seem interested what so ever, when we're not together she's always on her Facebook, barely texting me, barely making an effort on text if she actually does reply.

My question is why does she want to be with me when she acts like she's not bothered at all? I'd rather someone just say they don't want to be with me and stop wasting my time. I'm sick of making all the effort. What shall I do?

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her about it. No one here is going to be able to give you the answer. And if you can't have an open and honest conversation with your girlfriend about stuff like this then sorry to say it your relationship is already doomed to failure.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with Sophie (PRSOM). You need to be able to openly communicate with your partner, so talk to her about how you're feeling and why you feel like you do. If she cares about you, she'll listen. If she doesn't listen and carries on the way she is, you know she doesn't care.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.