Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it normal to have no side effects with antidepressants? watch

It's only Day 2 of me taking Zoloft/Sertraline. I expected to feel very ill, but so far I've felt absolutely no side effects. I know this should be considered a blessing and I don't want to put the mockers on it, but the majority of stories I've read, people have experienced side effects straightaway such as nausea, dizziness and feeling nervous.

I did have some trouble sleeping last night but that could have been psychological. I also had dilated pupils and some split-second moments of feeling 'weird' but that was all.

Does this mean the tablet might not be working? I know that the actual GOOD effects of the tablet don't kick in until a few weeks, but is it normal to get no BAD side effects?

ReputationRep:
    I started taking Citalopram a few months ago, and I also expected to experience at least a couple of unpleasant side effects. However, all that happened was that I had trouble sleeping for the first couple of nights, and I regularly have very strange, vivid dreams. I definitely don't feel as emotional as I used to (although whether that is due to a combination of the antidepressants along with other factors I'm not sure), but I would just count yourself lucky (so far at least!), and I hope you start feeling better soon. You could also ask your doctor whether it's normal, just to get some reassurance

ReputationRep:
    Give it at least a week or so. I don't think it's unheard of to not have side effects, so maybe you're just lucky.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I never had any side effects with Sertraline, to my recollection :nah: We're clearly just lucky I think most people do experience side effects but that's not to say every single person on the planet taking antidepressants experiences a side effect with a new med :nah:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.